Network Engineer Opportunity with Comcast (closed)
Comcast is hiring a fulltime, permanent Network Engineer in Greenwood Village, CO! CCNA REQUIRED! Please send resumes to Amanda_Schorr@cable.comcast.com
Responsible for operating, managing, and continuously improving Comcast’s Voice, Video, Commercial, Data, Home Security, Systems, and Network services as well as associated infrastructure in a 7/24 environment. Examples of infrastructure include, but are not limited to: routers, CMTS, switches, optical and TDM transport, applications, servers, IP scopes, databases, etc. Focuses on deploying and stabilizing code, services, networks, systems, tools; drives standardization and service focused instrumentation; provides subject matter expertise, resolves break/fix scenarios, engaging broader teams as necessary; partners with/leads vendors and regions to achieve continuous improvement. Serves as operations support for various field, CARE, vendors, and customer-focused organizations. Contributes to command and control-related activities focused on restoration of complex outages, communication across Comcast, and rapid restoration. Works and directly leads external vendors, third parties, and associated agencies, when necessary, to address issues across the PSTN, peering arrangements, inter-operability issues, etc.
Works with limited supervision and direction while executing associated functions and responsibilities. Follows operational practices and independently determines/develops approaches for non-routine solutions. Receives general direction in areas of focus. May serve as team lead on projects.
- Skills in Areas of Focus: SYSTEMS- Design, code, test, deploy and evaluate highly reliable programs/scripts in Perl, C, C++, etc. Administers and deploys configuration changes in a Weblogic, Unix, Linux environments. Develops and implements fail over procedures to mitigate impacts resulting from failures in the application or infrastructure. NETWORK- Load balancer, firewalls, routers, CMTS, associated protocols, advanced troubleshooting, protocols, multi and uni-caste, MPLS, IP management, DNS, traffic management, and sparing. VOICE- PSTN, SIP, routing, Cedar Point, Cisco, IMS, SS7, carrier to carrier troubleshooting, etc. COMMERCIAL- Axerra, Ciena, Juniper, Layers 1, 2, 3, ENS, and associated services. VIDEO- DSG and 2way conduit applications, channel migration from the headend to the CRAN, set-tops, IP video deliver - i.e. RPD's, OM-1000's, and NC-1500's, MPEG troubleshooting, through a variety of highly complex analytical duties in the testing and evaluation of Comcast's network, headends, etc.
- Performs a variety of analytical duties in the planning, deployment, testing and evaluation of Comcast’s network, products, and services including CRAN, CMTS, and the IP platform, Voice, Data, Commercial, Systems, and Video platform.
- Directs third party agencies (i.e. AT&T, Verizon) while troubleshooting and resolving complex troubles focusing on rapid restoration. Devises and implements strategies for solving technical issues directly impacting internal and external customers or increasing performance across eco-system.
- Develops, produces, and reviews documentation, instructional and procedural manuals for other employees to utilize to resolve problems or make network improvements. Examples include: complex processes for acceptance of new products (i.e. cable modems, systems,) testing such as operational readiness, tools focused on automation (i.e. IP scope tool,) etc.
- Supports all the XNOC tools and alarms; analyzes systems needs and determines prioritization of break/fix scenarios; implements code changes and suggests improvements. Ensures the availability of networking services; studies, evaluates, analyzes, monitors the network and services to determine problem areas and/or areas of concern. Monitors, isolates, triages, and resolves outages and impairments.
- Ensures databases, applications, hardware, and other related resources are properly maintained. Provides subject matter expertise on equipment and services to other operational groups. Updates code and software to ensure proper system performance.
- Provides clear, crisp, and concise technical communication and coordination during low level outage scenarios.
- Directly executes changes, in the network and across systems, focused on deploying new services, implementing changes, and stabilizing products following established change management processes. Accountable for configuration management techniques, ensuring infrastructure is correctly aligned and fully compliant with standards.
- Accountable for understanding and managing services within ecosystems cutting across multiple technologies and solutions. Requires detailed understanding of interdependencies/intradependences. Accountable for providing technical assessment of changes across eco-systems to ensure resolving potential conflicts before impacting intra-/inter- related vertical systems.
- Possesses depth and breadth across one to two major ecosystems/technologies requiring technical competency, advanced training, outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Leverages engineering methodologies is specific areas of focus. Possesses working knowledge and application of process design, client server technology, and internal processes. Provides training and coaching to NSAR, CARE, sub-set of field organizations, as well as peers, as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.