Data Analyst (closed)
We are seeking a Data Analyst for a Contract to Hire opportunity located in IL. Under general supervision is responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of operational performance data as well as the management and utilization of systems to drive reporting and analytics.
Data Analyst Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, deploys and automates marketing performance reports.
- Extracts and manages lists for direct marketing and student communication campaigns using data from Cognos, Salesforce.com, Eloqua and/or other legacy systems.
- Analyzes data to uncover prospect and customer insights.
- Works with Data Warehouse and Reporting teams to ensure database performance, accuracy, and integrity
- Acts as the subject matter expert on data and systems relating to inquiries, applications and admissions.
- Works with marketing team to design and maintain marketing and recruitment forecasting models within Cognos Planning.
- Leads the collection, analysis, and reporting of operational performance data
- Works closely with other members of the marketing department to maintain and update lead logic as needed.
- Manages ad hoc data requests from marketing team and other key stakeholders.
- Validates new media vendor data transfers for accuracy
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Data Analyst Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Listed below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of data analysis experience required
- Previous list creation experience required
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and Cognos preferred, expert proficiency with Excel a must
- Strong understanding of data, data techniques and data standardization methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, organization and analytical skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Experience working with analytical tools such as SAS, Cognos, etc. a plus
- Team player with strong organization skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Expert in Excel), including Access and Outlook.