Technical Leader - PHP Development (closed)
A New York-based leading provider of full-service online marketing solutions seeks a fulltime or contract Lead PHP Developer.
- 10+ years experience in a Software Development role.
- 5+ years experience in high-traffic internet-facing environment; solid experience engineering robust web-based prototypes and production systems that can support millions of active users.
- Current or former role acting as the development owner of an application or user interface; as comfortable making technical decisions around architecture or design patterns as you are representing the engineering team in discussions with project management, business teams, and organizational leadership.
- Background in engineering end-to-end solutions that utilize distributed systems and network system architecture to accommodate 24/7 operation.
- Expert level experience in Object Oriented Programming with PHP5+. Will consider Ruby-on-Rails with some PHP.
- Experience working with high-volume Oracle or other object-relational database management systems.
- Ability to optimize DML and PL/SQL for scalability.
- Several years experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) separation; PHP Symfony framework specific experience highly recommended as it’s our PHP framework of choice.
- Well-versed in unit test creation and working with continuous integration environments such as Jenkins and Cruise Control.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Participation and interest in software development industry trade conferences, seminars, and/or training.
- Experience, knowledge, and discipline in standard system development lifecycle practices including translation of business requirements into a system design document, source code version control (CVS, git, etc.), and maintenance, to name a few.
- 3+ years experience working in agile environment (Scrum, Lean, or XP).
- Project Management experience or formal training is a plus.
- BS degree; MS degree would be desirable.
Participate in the growing, fast-paced industry of online marketing, advertising and publishing.
Join the leader in solutions specializing in the areas of Affiliate Marketing, Search Marketing, and Lead Generation. Our client offers a full range of benefits, including incentive pay.