Software Development Manager (Java / J2EE Environment) (closed)
The company: software R&D firm headquartered in Dublin, Ireland with offices across Europe, NY, Asia.
Role Overview – Software Development Manager to bring demonstrable expertise to ensure world class results across software quality, software product development lifecycle and people development.
1. Technology – Java / J2EE based Provide technical leadership to the Software Development group working closely with Architecture team to implement technical direction and strategy.
- Support, refine and improve existing SDLC and Agile processes in the organisation.
- Evangelizes the use of best in breed components for development processes
- Introduce lean efficiencies in terms of work process
- Liaise with external centres of excellence on research and development programs (agile, lean practices)
- Monitor and implement technical innovations
- Own the planning and delivery responsibility for all output from software development group.
- Support planning process across self-directed engineering teams
- Improve overall technical quality and associated metrics.
- Ensure timely and high quality deliverables
- Increase efficiency and profitability
- Represent the company in client engagements on technical side
3. People Development
- Mentoring and coaching of talent in the software development group
- Lead and manage team in a global environment
Skills and Experience Required
- Several years’ experience managing and leading Software Development teams
- Strong knowledge of J2EE and service oriented architecture
- Product based R&D development
- Track record of delivery to Blue chip / Financial Services clients
- Robust personality that can balance commercial and technical priorities (solution orientation)
- Ability to influence at a senior level (Internal Management, providers, partners, clients)
- Strong leadership and communication capabilities (exposure to clients)
- Can successfully work with teams in a global, multi-cultural environment