Quality Engineer (closed)
Great opportunity for a Quality Engineer with 5 years of QA/QC experience. Will be responsible for ensuring quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement for all product lines. This is a good fit for someone that enjoys a fast paced environment and has a "get it done attitude". Company has recently enhanced their product line and is on track for a fast growth rate. Position supports over seas manufacturing sites.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountability
* Decides what process metrics will be monitored and how they will be sampled using statistical process control tools such as run charts. The line operators will react based on control limits established on these charts by the Quality Engineer. The idea is to stabilize the process before rejects are made that could get to the next station or final customer.
* Assists design engineers to determine the key product characteristics and how best to measure them in a realtime plant environment.
* Engaged as a key liaison to the final customer on quality issues that have affected the plant, such as fit, form and function. She/he is responsible for implementing containment and corrective actions at the plant to rectify the customer's problem.
* Assesses defects found in supplied material. She/he may then work with purchasing to get the problem fixed at the supplier, including containment and corrective actions.
* Proactively responds and reacts to product issues by reducing variation and eliminating defects using tools such as Six Sigma and lean manufacturing.
* Trains line operators in new assembly methods and new testing and or quality control criteria.
* Ensures high‐quality products that meet functional and nonfunctional requirements on schedule by working with engineers, suppliers, product management, and operations.
* Communicates status to project leader(s) as needed and provides reports on product issues.
* Utilize internal defect tracking to log and track defects in the current release(s) under test.
* Regularly monitor the production, processes and equipment to ensure that quality standards are maintained.
* Utilize test case management tools to understand testing status with regard to passed and failed testing results and related validation of testing procedures/coverage.
* Works closely with supply chain team(s) and suppliers to ensure high quality levels are maintained in the supply of goods, components and products.
* Works closely with Engineering and Technical Operations to validate and deploy products enhancements and issue resolutions.
* Development, measurement and reporting of key quality indicators both inside and outside the company.
* Collection and analysis of relevant quality data from the various related sources.
BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, EE/QE or equivalent
Post Graduate work a plus
Excellent project and time management skills
Ability to learn new technologies and concepts
Experience in either Electronics, Computers, Networking (routers, etc), Satellite, etc.
e-mail resume as a word doc to email@example.com