Regional Sales Director - Telecom Services -PITTSBURGH (closed)
Regional Sales Director - Telecom Services -PITTSBURGH
Our client, a leading provider of network services for the enterprise, wholesale and carrier markets, is seeking a Regional Sales Director to run their Pittsburgh, PA regional sales team. This is a true sales manager?s position, responsible for all aspects of revenue generation within the territory, including customer acquisition, account management; hiring, motivation, management and firing of sales representative; liaison with internal departments, and outside vendors to ensure customer satisfaction.
Successful candidates MUST have the following to be considered for interviews:
· 7+ years of Sales Management. Minimum of 5 direct sales reports, annual quota must have exceeded $7M.
· 10+ years of consistent sales success within the Enterprise Network Services (Carrier, Data, Voice, IP/MPLS, SONET/DWDM, Cloud, VoIP, PRI, hosted solutions) to major (?logo?) national accounts.
· Preference for Market verticals concentrated in the Pittsburgh, PA region such as: Financial Services, Media/Telecom, Pharma.
· Extensive experience in the recruitment, training, management, motivation of skilled National Account Managers.
· PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF YOU CANNOT MEET ALL OF THESE CRITERIA.
The current sales team consists of up to 25 Regional Account Managers targeting Financial Services, Pharma, F1000 and other high-value customers. Thel Account Managers reporting to this position will be responsible for prospecting and selling our client?s access, transport & IP services to Fortune 1000 organizations in the Enterprise market throughout the Western PA, Eastern Ohio region. Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business. Adept at prospecting, funnel management and closing business. Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding quota. Working knowledge of VoIP, Cisco, and high-speed enterprise products, such as Metro Ethernet, IP/MPLS, dark fiber and DWDM wavelengths.
· Previous selling experience should include a focus on the full range of prospecting, selling and closing.
· Must have the ability to prospect, sell and close at multiple levels.
· Must have extensive knowledge of the telecommunications industry and define and execute sales strategies and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations.
· The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for managing the sales cycle (account planning, sales execution, pipeline/funnel management) and forecast accurately.
· Hire, motivate, train and hold accountable sales teams.
· Manage upward well.
· Improve sales and business process and systems.
· Work with channel partners to improve sales pipeline and lead generation.
· Strong Data and managed network services competencies.
· This position requires strong Account Management and client interface and presentation skills.
· In depth understanding of client business drivers, strategy and buying cycles.
· 10+ years of experience selling and managing sales teams in the enterprise telecommunications marketplace.
· Bachelor?s degree, telecommunications experience may substitute for part of education requirement.
· MBA Preferred
· Basic computer knowledge: MS Office, strong presentation skills, and contact management software experience.
· Preferred knowledge and skills: Technical knowledge of network equipment.
· Strong training experience, motivational and leadership skills.
· Strong metrics emphasis. Command of CRM, Sales metrics, dashboards, reporting and forescasting.
· Strong experience in sales management and sales training, preferably one or more of the following: Miller-Heiman, Solutions Selling, Targeted Account Selling (TAS)
· Strong quantitative skills, required for accurate sales pipeline/ sales funnel management, as well as financial reporting to management and internal departments.