Equipment Maintenance (closed)
Coordinator, Equipment Maintenance and Stores
Mississauga, ON REF # MISS-PEC
Pinchin Environmental, with its national network of over 500 professional engineers, scientists, industrial hygienists, geologists, technologists, project managers and support staff, provides clients with solution-focused services and training in the environmental and health and safety field. Our Mississauga office is currently recruiting for the position of Coordinator, Equipment Maintenance and Stores for the GTA and surroundings.
Manage equipment inventory used by field personnel in the collection of samples of building materials, air, soil, and groundwater.
- Perform visual inspections of equipment prior to sign-out and upon return
- Calibrate equipment pre and post usage
- Diagnose problems, replace and repair parts, test and make adjustments to equipment
- Development and maintenance of systems to effectively track the use, repair, storage, and maintenance of project equipment
- Schedule the use of equipment as requested by project staff;
- Training staff on the proper use of equipment
- Delivery of samples to external laboratories
- Maintain and upkeep stock levels required for various field activities
- Clean and maintain work areas including work station and storage areas.
- Purchase equipment as required by group/office requirements
- Coordinate equipment rental where required; shipping and receiving rentals.
- Negotiate costs for rental equipment with suppliers and review rental agreements
- Submit costs for equipment and supplies when used by groups/offices for projects or other functions
- Maintain a list of suppliers and update records of insurance to ensure compliance
Three years of hands-on experience with related equipment including the following would be considered to be an asset;
- SKC personal vacuum sampling pumps
- High volume vacuum sampling pumps
- Soil and sub surface monitoring well equipment
- Q-Trac indoor air quality equipment
- Quick Take
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to repair equipment is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills are essential
Recognized for five years in a row as a “Best Place to Work” by the Great Places to Work Institute, Pinchin Environmental is looking for the best and the brightest candidates. Your reward is one of the most competitive salary and benefits packages in the industry, and a company culture that values an equitable work/life balance.
If you’re ready for a challenging, rewarding opportunity, email your resume, along with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with REF # MISS-PEC in the subject field.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
"Pinchin Environmental is committed to Employment Equity”