Cerner Clinical Decision Support Developer (closed)
Position Title: Cerner Clinical Decision Support Developer - Texas
HCI is currently seeking an experienced Clinical Decision Support Developer to join our rapidly expanding national consulting team.
The Clinical Decision Support Developer is responsible for working with team members to develop requirements for Rules and Alerts, mPages and Reports requested by our users. Responsible for programming/writing/validating/testing Cerner Discern Rules and Alerts, CCL and mPage code based on the requirements. The position requires a sound clinical knowledge and understanding of the Cerner data model and architecture in order to be successful. The position requires periodic travel to hospital sites and will be highly involved in preparing our hospitals to meet the Meaningful Use requirements set forth by the government.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or related healthcare field; desired.
Cerner Clinical Information Systems experience.
- Effective leadership skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Proven ability to communicate and understand needs of clinicians.
- Advanced analytical skills to resolve simple to complex problems.
- Superior organizational, faciliation, and people management skills.
- Ability to mesh well with the existing management team by being a good listener, a team builder and articulate advocate of the Applied Clinical Informatics vision.
- Expert knowledge of Cerner's CCL programming language and tools
- Expert knowledge of Cerner Rules/Alerts and their development tools
- Expert knowledge of Cerner's Data Model and Architecture
- Significant Clinical workflow knowledge in a hospital setting
- 2 years of Cerner programming experience required
- Experience with additional programming languages is preferred
- Responsible for working with team members to develop requirements for Rules and Alerts, mPages and Reports requested by our users.
- Responsible for programming/writing/validating/testing Cerner Discern Rules and Alerts, CCL and mPage code based on the requirements.
- Integrates new knowledge from vendor-specific updates/changes into CI knowledge base
- Follows change process for evaluating industry and regulatory changes for our hospital systems.
- Serves as a mentor
- Supports escalations needing problem resolution
- Supports the achievement of common team goals
- Encourages work coordination, esprit de corps, and mutual trust.
- Facilitates vertical and horizontal flow of essential information to ensure that the team and external audiences receive the information they need to achieve their objectives.
- Evaluate and implement ongoing improvements to applied clinical informatics strategy and core clinical operational methodology.
Please forward resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly at 904-224-9372 or 904-465-5395.