Sr. Software QA Engineer (closed)
Kronos has an immediate need for a Senior Software QA Engineer in our small to midsized business QA team. In this role, you will join a team of engineers focused on delivering a SaaS based workforce management solutions. You should be comfortable working independently and with others to ensure product deliverables of the highest quality that meet project deadlines. Your daily tasks will encompass, but not limited to, test strategy definition, creating functional test plans, and regression testing while working with other team members throughout the development cycle. You'll also be called upon to design and develop story tests to determine the operating characteristics of the software.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience testing and releasing a product from start to finish, and will have demonstrated success at delivering high quality SaaS products to the marketplace. The successful candidate will have technical skills to support Story Test Driven Development through writing of test automation and be able to make decisions which not only support our Customer needs but also the technical excellence of our products. We are seeking someone who is able to collaborate effectively with product managers, architects, developers, and other team members.
Additional skills for the position include, but are not limited to, testing and evaluating products in the most effective and cost efficient manner and ensuring that versions being released are reliable, perform and function as documented, with a heavy emphasis on test automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years experience in software quality assurance.
- Process-oriented with high attention to detail and good follow-through
- Prior experience with testing with SaaS based solutions and workforce management domain experience (WTK, WFS, etc.) is a plus.
- Refined testing, troubleshooting, debugging and problem solving skills
- Team spirit, results oriented, with a strong customer focus
- Excellent problem solving and decision making abilities
- Experience testing using various browser environments
- Familiarity with SQL scripting and XML technology is an asset.
- Knowledge of relational databases, e.g. SQL Server or Oracle
- Knowledge of source control systems
- Ability to create and execute automated tests is desirable.
- Experience in SCRUM & Agile Development Processes is an asset.
- In-depth understanding of QA best practices, methodologies and the product lifecycle.