Director, Retail Marketing (closed)
This group is highly entrepreneurial and changes fast – we are looking for someone who thrives in this kind of unstructured environment. Executing the overall marketing strategy and working with the business unit’s to drive the business. Highly visible space within the company working with the newest technology.
Director, Retail Marketing
As the lines between online and offline commerce continue to blur, PayPal is seeking a seasoned director of global marketing to drive growth of PayPal’s new point of sale initiative through working directly with our merchants. This individual will work with retailers as the point of contact for the entire marketing stream for retailers: Bringing the best of our marketing, data and demand generation to retailers in flexible and innovative ways.
This individual will drive merchant marketing for the PayPal point-of-sale initiative, and should have specific experience in retailer marketing. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial approach and spirit, with deep experience in launching new businesses, products and services in multi-channel markets. The individual in this position will report into the global marketing VP.
- Develop POS merchant marketing strategies, tactical marketing mix and customer experience (both B2B and B2B2C)
- Bring the best of PayPal and eBay Inc to our retail customers: Including marketing, demand generation and data / insights. This will require flexibly adapting existing capabilities, and creatively building out new capabilities and assets
- Negotiate high-level marketing value exchange in retailer and partner channels
- Execute detailed, multi-region, multi-channel, integrated marketing plans and budgets, working collaboratively with regional marketing partners
- Collaborate closely with globally dispersed, cross functional partners during both pre-launch and post launch phases to align/integrate marketing in the go-to-market plans
- 12+ years of marketing experience in roles working directly at or with retailers, with both offline and online channels with demonstrated launch of a new brand, product, service with a retail partner
- Knowledge of current point of sale, mobile, CRM technologies and marketing activities
- Negotiation of marketing value exchange in retailer/partner channels, co-branded campaigns in internal and external channels including in-store, print/radio/TV media, digital, mobile, social
- Development and execution of successful multi-channel, integrated marketing plans with consistent positioning, messaging across all channels
- Creation of global marketing strategies with multi-regional tactical execution
- External agency experience
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Work directly with internal clients at all levels including senior executives
- Active user of both PayPal and eBay
- Experience and enthusiasm for launching new products that have the potential to disrupt existing business realities
- Seasoned leader - able to be active and effective member of senior leadership teams
- Thrive in a fast paced and unstructured environment; work independently with minimal supervision
- MBA or equivalent work experience preferred
- Work experience in marketing for well-known, best-in-class retailer brand
- Work experience in global consumer or financial services brands highly desirable
PayPal is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 106 million active accounts in 190 markets and 25 currencies around the world, PayPal enables global ecommerce. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market place.
At PayPal/eBay, no matter which of our offices, brands, or locations you call home, you will discover consistent benefits that are intended to support you-in your work, your life, your passions, and your future. This is where innovation meets reality!
Are you an individual who is ready to grow and join our global community? Would you just like to know more about our latest and greatest projects? We would love to talk to you about it!
More information about our other exciting positions can be found at http://ebaycareers.com/
eBay companies are proudly EEOC compliant.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO WFRAKES@PAYPAL.COM