Software Middleware Administrator (closed)
Our client has an immediate need for a Software Middleware Administrator, Middleware and Application Administration.
To provide technical administration for enterprise middleware infrastructure. To ensure that middleware platforms and associated systems in operation at the the firm are technically sound, have the appropriate levels of availability, resiliency and performance characteristics.
- Perform design, configuration and upgrade activities for vendor provided middleware platforms including: Tibco, Websphere, MQ, IIS, Apache, IBM Process Server, Platform Symphony.
- Coordinate with various technology teams to provide production support, perform changes and conduct operational validation testing for middleware platforms.
- Adheres to ITSM processes including: configuration management, alert management, release management, incident management and change management for middleware platforms and associated applications.
- Contributes to system documentation practices and system runbook maintenance.
- Performs tracking and trending of middleware related problems and works to minimize recurrence of failure.
- Ensures that effective security, integrity and recoverability are in place at all times and aligned with the needs of the business.
- Provide technical support and lead if appropriate problem diagnosis and liaise with other departments where necessary, to ensure all problems are resolved professionally while minimizing business, operational and service impact.
- Keep abreast of developments and emerging technologies through various means.
On Call duties and after hours activities are required.
- 7+ years ITexperience with 3 years supporting message oriented middleware such as Websphere, MQ, Tibco.
- Exposure to a large systems environment (500+) server environment.
- Design, and implementation experience in the delivery of high performing, robust solutions that support business critical functions in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Advanced problem determination skills.
- Significant working knowledge with web servers, messaging bus and messaging queue environments.
- Excellent scripting skills with emphasis on automating and optimizing processes.
- Strong experience with industry recognized system and application monitoring platforms (Tivoli, SCOM, ITCAM and Hawk) would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of standard networking concepts.
- Operating system and database administration skills or related experience administration skills would be advantageous.
- Thrives in a team environment and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
If you are interested in discussing this further please send resume to Job #33358 SGOresume@bagg.com