Business Management Manager
We are looking for a versatile New York based team member to join our existing group to focus on headcount reporting and forecasting, handy management, process re-engineering relating to accruals, provider cost analysis, and GT report standardization. This role reports to the NY team lead and is part of a global team spanning mainly UK, Germany, Moscow, Asia. Overall we support Wholesale and Retail IT Development groups and their clients.
- Subject Matter Expert for providing cost analysis and centrally coordinate the total view
- Partner with finance to validate and agree on the monthly flash results
- Participate in the monthly balance sheet and results position review with finance
- Monthly reporting reviews with senior management
- Participation in the quarterly forecast process and coordination
- Manage BMS team in the production of the monthly headcount report
- Joiner / Leaver data analysis and ad hoc reporting
- Work with divisional admin to ensure proper HR data is available for valid reporting, internal and external headcount
- Participate in working groups related to headcount process change
- Develop and implement process for headcount forecasting to be adopted across global technology
- DB Rib reporting implementation and adoption (or similar central repository tool)
- Assist in the handy support and central accrual process
- Management of project initiatives lead by the central team to ensure end to end roll out and adoption
- Participate in central workstreams as necessary
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Business management or controlling experience in the financial industry.
- High proficiency in Excel, Microsoft access, Powerpoint, Graphing, Charting, Hiperion/Essbase, and ability to work with large complex datasets.
- Financial experience and knowledge of accounting principles & practices, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Has experience presenting to senior management and feels comfortable in such a role.
- Ability to monitor, track and clearly communicate progress, escalating issues when appropriate.
- The ability to work either independently or as an integral team member sharing ideas and following group standards
- Strong attention to detail, quick turnaround time, and adaptability to variation in the work type
- Time Management skills –ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with various work-streams and demands in place simultaneously. Strong ability to prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, choosing the most appropriate method and medium depending on audience.
- Ability to develop and implement processes for the long term strategic solution while managing the short term tactical approach.
Master Degree from an accredited college or university (or equivalent) &/or relevant practical experience