Sr. Civil/Structural Engineer (closed)
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Design and coordinate design for civil (site, utilities, and transportation) engineering projects as a member of a multi-discipline team.
Work on moderate to complex engineering and communicate across disciplines with minimal guidance by department manager.
Direct efforts of less experienced engineers, designers and consultant engineers.
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in Florida or other state
• Proven 10 years experience in the design of commercial and/or industrial building or site systems.
• Familiarity with AutoCAD office, and Civil or Structural software
• Demonstrated good presentation and client contact skills, ability to think outside the discipline and manage to budget, time, and operational constraints in a high quality service environment
• Ability to partner with and exert influence through dealings with permitting agencies in building and environmental areas.
• Proven experience in guiding/directing efforts of less experienced engineers or designers
• Ability to manage multiple project work load that may have conflicting priorities
• Availability for short period travel or weekend or extra hour shift assignments as may be required
• Strong partnering skills for working with other disciplines, negotiating, and organizing work
• Proven strong background in pavement and geotechnical issues, site drainage, and utility coordination
Required Education Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited institution