The Database Administrator functions as high-level technician that work on a large and complex multi RDMS environment (DB2 UDB). As a member of a team of DBA's, the DBA should be capable of thinking independently, but operating in a team environment with a willingness to follow pre-defined IT policies to satisfy our customers. The candidate will be responsible for design/analysis, installation, monitoring, maintaining, troubleshooting, and tuning DB2 UDB databases for customers remotely and on-site. Project management responsibilities include identifying the scope of assigned projects, generating solutions to technical issues, reporting analysis and results, and providing deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. The incumbent must be adaptive to the use of new software aids and programming techniques as they are acquired or adopted within IT. The Database Administrator may also research and provide recommendations in support of procurement and development of database software and related tools.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Knowledge of memory configurations and in depth knowledge of database snapshots;
- Maintain and monitor availability, security, and integrity of databases, including referential integrity checking;
- Database backups, recovery and forward recovery experience;
- Must be self-motivated, a team player, and have a strong track record in customer satisfaction;
- Strong analysis/design capabilities along with demonstrated written/oral communication skills;
- Must have a propensity for problem-solving; and
- Demonstrated experience with successful system and project implementations.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience and/or education;
- Must have 4+ years of solid production support experience in one of the following databases: DB2, Sybase, Oracle, or MS SQL;
- Experience in SQL and SQL performance/tuning;
- Data modeling and other development DBA skills;
- Extensive experience on UNIX platforms (AIX, Linux, Solaris);
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting and data partitioning implementation;
- Experience with complex database implementations.
Jackson offers an outstanding benefits package including competitive pay, bonuses, comprehensive health insurance benefits, a 401(k) retirement plan with matching, and a college tuition reimbursement program for employees and eligible dependents.
Online applications only. No e-mails, faxes, paper resumes or applications, or phone calls accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company facilities and campuses are tobacco-free environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.