Welding Engineer (closed)
The Industry Leader in the design, manufacturing and assembly of products to the automotive service industry has a fantastic opportunity for qualiafied individuals to join their team!
The Welding Engineer provides technical leadership and support to the facility functions by acting as a focal point for all welding related process and methods while ensuring compliance to all applicable Federal, State and Local codes. Additionally is responsible for improving and updating plant welding processes. This position acts as the Champion for the development of specifications, justification and installation for new welding related capital equipment and process improvements, as well the Champion for welding processes and procedures for prototype and product introductions.
- Works with other team members and outside contractors to plan, justify and implement capital improvement projects.
- Works with Quality and Production to establish the process and manning required to introduce new products and prototypes.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineers to develop new fixturing, tooling and gauges for welding fabrication.
- Work with team members to establish welding practices to ensure good quality welds.
- Establishes weld inspection procedures and minimizes direct labor requirements for welding fabrication.
- Evaluates new developments in welding best practices to determine applicability to production welding processes.
- Trains production team members in the operation of specialized welding equipment, tools and robots.
- Aids Maintenance in the maintenance and repair of welding equipment and robots.
- Other assignments as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the management of Manufacturing Engineering Department activities.
- Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Three years of related experience in a welding fabrication environment.
- Computer aided drafting (pref. AutoCAD Lite)
- Group problem solving techniques
- Familiarity with fabrication, welding, powder coating and assembly operations
- Experience with ergonomics and safe working procedures