Java Engineer (closed)
Shift (Recruiting Services) is partnered with an Integration as a service company in Austin,Tx.
About our client:
an Integration-as-a-Service Platform Provider that unifies the way Telecom Operators access and manage their ever expanding number of 3rd party technologies. The company offers a standards-based, multi-tenanted solution to rapidly automate processes related to activating, managing and onboarding network services and applications.
Our customers leverage its translational API and web-based management interfaces to:
- activate legacy network services,
- onboard and orchestrate next-generation cloud services and
- empower their own channels towards self-sufficiency.
With the company’s fast growing base of communications service providers, customers benefit from greatly reduced integration efforts and widespread operational efficiencies they could not otherwise achieve.
customers can also conveniently choose from a full suite of high scale, low cost wholesale telco services and hosted telecom applications.
Based in Austin, our 400+ customers include many Tier 1 global telcos, Cable MSO's, VoIP and Mobile carrriers, Hosted UCaaS providers, CLECs, and applications service providers.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will work with our development team to enhance existing software and develop new Web based applications. The candidate must understand Object Oriented and Web flow design methodologies as well as knowledge of current Agile software development practices. Candidate will be responsible for the design, development, troubleshooting and debugging of very complex software applications. Development of test procedures as well as functional and technical documentation is also part of the developers duties. Must work with minimal supervision, and adapt quickly to changing requirements.Responsibilities
- Design and implement Java / Web application software to specification.
- Maintain existing code base.
- Self-unit test software based on original design specifications or enhancement requests.
- Create software and technical documentation.
- Work with teams to make product / architecture design decisions.
- 5+ years Java Web development experience
- Experience with Spring and AJAX
- Good SQL knowledge
- Excellent time management skills handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines
- Must work well in both a team environment and as a sole contributor
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Some Linux knowledge
- Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Able to understand complex data patterns
- Knowledge of Subversion, Jira, IntelliJ Idea
- Strong Object Oriented design skills
How to be considred:
send your updated resume with "java" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org, due to high volume only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Best of Luck!!