PROGRAMMER - ABAP (closed)
WE ARE HIRING FOR PROGRAMMERS (ABAP) FOR OUR CLIENT IN HARRISBURG, PA!!!
Title: ABAP Programmer
Job Type: Contract (1 year)
Performs systems analysis, design, and programming of medium to complex assignments within the new ITS Modernization project.
These tasks will be using the ABAP programming language which is the basis language for SAP/TRM (Tax and Revenue Management).
- Performs systems analysis, design, and programming of medium to complex assignments within the new ITS Modernization project. These tasks will be using the ABAP programming language which is the basis language for SAP/TRM (Tax and Revenue Management).
- Assist the technical lead with the planning, directing, scheduling and evaluating of technical requirements involved in SAP/TRM and the application design, development, and maintenance of ABAP applications to meet the Business and Function needs of the ITS Modernization Project.
Assist the technical lead by providing technical support and solution for all SAP/TRM needed applications such as:
- Provides technical assistance to users, our integrator, the Business Team, the Functional team and the ITS Technical Division in resolving SAP/TRM related issues.
- Prepares realistic project plans and effective systems development schedules, and monitors assigned projects to ensure that tasks are performed according to schedules.
- Assist the technical lead in the planning and developing of the procedures and documentation for administration of change control and problem reporting for all SAP/TRM duties.
- Assist the technical lead in developing, maintaining, and publishing documentation for all SAP/TRM FRICE-W areas, and all other areas of involvement.
- Take initiative to learn and maintain knowledge of the various software products used by the respective systems to ensure a quick response time to problem resolution, as well as the ability to inform users, our integrator, the Business team, the Functional Team, and ITS Technical Division management.
- Maintain familiarity with the state of the art principles, procedures, software and techniques related to the SAP/TRM solution
- Attend seminars, conferences, and classes to keep up to date on the latest trends in the SAP/TRM space.
- Comply with all bureau departmental security policy and guidelines.
- Use appropriate tools and methods to define and analyze the user requirements, and to develop the external design as needed.
- Use appropriate tools and methods to develop the detail system design, including data structure, processing specifications and output prototypes.
- Perform project leadership over complex projects.
- Design solutions for complex problems.
- Develop complex application programs, modules and interfaces, using appropriate coding language and the methods that will best meet the requirements and conform to the design specifications.
- Conduct complete system testing, using plans developed in conjunction with users, the Business Team and the Functional team to validate that the system is functioning as required.
- Provide appropriate user documentation where needed.
- Oversees the effective utilization of hardware, software, personnel and other resources in meeting assigned goals and objectives of the ITS Technical Division and the Modernization Project.
- Oversees compliance with procedural standards for preparing technical and administrative tasks, and participates in developing additional technical standards appropriate to the section.
- Prepares reports to supervisor on project status, resource commitments, and technical problems.
- Participates as a lead developer in meetings with personnel from the department, other governmental agencies, and our system integrator.
- Oversees that bureau and departmental security policies and guidelines are adhered to by subordinates, and within assigned system applications.
- Performs other related duties as required.