Primary Job Responsibilities
With more than 90 million active users globally, eBay is the world's largest online marketplace and is a global leader in shaping the future of e-commerce. eBay connects a diverse and passionate community of individual buyers and sellers, as well as small and large businesses. Their collective impact on e-commerce is staggering: In 2009, the total worth of goods sold on eBay was $60 billion.
Come revolutionize the casual selling experience on eBay. As a product manager on the eBay casual selling team, you will be responsible for creating new and innovative products for everyday people to sell items on eBay. This position provides a unique opportunity to create global, large scale, casual facing products that impacts millions of users around the world.
Successful candidates will have a passion for creating the right casual products, understanding the global needs of our casual sellers, leading change, and building simplicity and elegance from complex systems/processes.
As a product manager on the casual selling team, you will:
- Listen deeply to the needs of our global commerce market and global casual sellers to define and create the right products at the right time.
- Provide leadership and vision to your area, working collaboratively across the organization.
- Successfully launch new products and experiences to the site, with thoughtfulness about quality and delighting our sellers.
- Understand and synthesize customer needs from market research, customer visits, analytics, competitive insights
- Communicate effectively with customers, partners, business and technical team
- Work with the larger cross-functional team to influence/develop the business strategy, product roadmap, operation plan.
- Write product requirements documents, feature prioritization and business justification
- Analyze, manage, iterate and track the continued success of features in production
- 5+ year experience in product management with solid track record of developing and launching casual web products.
- Experience launching successful large scale, consumer facing products globally.
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects from concept to delivery while meeting schedules and budget
- Strong technology understanding, high business acumen, and deep customer understanding.
- Strong communication, leadership, and collaboration skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and working effectively with internal and external partners.
- CS/BA/BS required, MBA a plus but not required.