Build Technician, Salt Lake City, UT (closed)
Founded in 1997, MILESTONE is an IT infrastructure life-cycle support company. This means that we help our clients solve business problems at any point along the physical life-cycle of their IT systems, equipment and technology. MILESTONE provides IT support through a suite of technology service offerings. Each is a specialized discipline that targets solutions to client's engineering or technology problems.
Relocate IT — Expertise in the care and handling of IT equipment during the move.
Assess IT — Analysis and engineering client’s readiness for the next generation of equipment or technology.
Unify IT — Professional services and equipment unifying voice, video, data, email, wired and wireless technology forming a real-time unified communication network.
Manage IT — Optimization with managed IT support teams and resources delivering a wide selection of customized solutions.
MILESTONE serves clients in 30 countries and growing in North America, EMEA and APAC. Our employees enable our organization to develop, manage and execute projects for our clients with outstanding quality and service.
We foster an environment of "energetic fun," where with hard work and a great attitude, positive results happen spontaneously.
We invite you to find out more about what MILESTONE can offer to your career path. We look forward to the unique contribution you can make to our organization. Explore the career opportunities below for more information.
Position TitleBuild Technician
- Perform onsite troubleshooting or upgrade systems in DC environment
- Ability to build, upgrade, configure and provision servers from scratch spanning multiple platforms
- Perform basic configuration and troubleshooting during server installations and configurations
- Understanding of remote console technologies, Cyclades, SP, ILO, RSA, etc.
- Understanding Kickstart, Jumpstart provisioning platforms
- Thorough Understanding of major OSes, these include Solaris, Linux, Ubuntu, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting OS dependencies such as network and physical cabling
- Presents and makes recommendations regarding technical issues impacting server builds
- Knowledge of network protocols is a plus
- Ability to provide documentation as needed to share with team