Tivoli Storage Consultant
Procom has a 6 month contract opportunity (strong potential to go full time) for a Tivoli Storage Consultant. Description: Planning, evaluating, developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting the TSM environment / Disaster Recovery processes and the SAN infrastructure. AIX Administration – Planning, evaluating, acquiring, developing, deploying, maintaining and supporting data management and software engineering processes, methods and tools. Skills and Experience:
- Experience in IBM TSM v6.x, Scheduling, storage pool creation, migration, reclamation, performance-tuning, capacity planning, user, domain, policy set administration, retention administration, disaster recovery management. Backup and recovery for Tier-1 production critical systems.
- Experience with IBM DS8000, DS4000, DS5000 and EMC NS480 Storage.
- Experience in SAN administration, IBM 2005 Gigabit FC Switches, 30 IBM 3592 drives.
- Experience in IBM AIX systems (version 6.x), IBM pSeries (minimum 4 years)
- System architecture, file system administration, performance tuning, user administration, security, shell scripting, Dynamic LPAR, VIO, HMC, DS8100 administration, SSH, Sudo, NFS.
- Experience with system documentation and technical writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Should possess in depth knowledge in the following areas:
- Shared responsibility for: TSM support of 350+ clients, IBM 3494 & 3584 ATL.
- Shared responsibility for: SAN support of over 200 TB of data distributed over three disk subsystems (EMC and IBM).
- Develop and document processes, standards and best practices. Develop and maintain baseline documentation for all systems including architectural diagrams, logical mappings, technology version information, application utilization descriptions, and system contact information. Develop and maintain standard metrics and trend information for all systems.
- Develop and maintain Disaster Recovery plans. Perform Capacity Planning analysis. Collaborate with other technical and/or user groups to achieve desired goals.
- Shared responsibility for: AIX support of 120+ IBM p5 & p7 Partitions and Servers.
PROCOM SERVICES A leading provider of IT services in North America, PROCOM SERVICES currently have more than 4200 consultants on assignment and place hundreds of people in permanent positions annually. For over 30 years, we have been finding high-quality jobs for our candidates. Our policies of maintaining open communication with both clients and candidates consistently make us the IT Firm of Choice.