Civil/Structural Project Site Engineer (closed)
Civil/Structural Project Site Engineer
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Project Engineer with strong Civil/Structural Engineering background resident at client petrochemical site in Louisiana.
- Major function will be as a project engineer coordinating and supporting production design process in the execution of small to mid-size capital projects, work orders and corrective action reports.
- Schedule projects for production design and champion them to design completion.
- Participate in FEL process for these capital projects.
- Track and control project costs and schedules.
- Support construction activities as necessary.
- Coordinate with other disciplines to ensure timely issue of project deliverables.
Training and Experience:
- Requires minimum 15 years combined experience in Civil/Structural Engineering and Project Engineering.
- Requires 10 years minimum Civil/Structural engineering design experience in industrial or petrochemical environment.
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and engineering experience in, designing and solving structural problems of the type typically found in petrochemical industrial facilities.
- Requires 5 years minimum recent supervision experience of multi-discipline teams as a Project Engineer.
- Requires working knowledge of STAAD.pro analysis software, working knowledge of Micro station and 3-D modeling in PDMS, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Access programs.Louisiana P.E.registration or other jurisdiction with ability to quickly obtain Louisiana P.E. registration by comity.
- Extensive knowledge of PIP, IBC, ASCE 7, AISC 360 and ACI 318 codes and specifications required.
- Current Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) required.
- Provide occasional Civil/Structural engineering and design, using accepted engineering practices to produce mathematical models that accurately represent the building, structure or foundation and meet building code and client requirements.
- Analyze the models to produce a safe, economical design that satisfies the design criteria.
- Design new, or modifications to, existing infrastructure elements that provide the necessary functionality to the industrial facility including process and electrical structures and buildings, pipe racks, equipment foundations, paving, drainage, roads, railroads, dikes and levees.
- Prepare budgets, schedules.
- Track project costs and schedules.
- Act as project engineer on infrastructure projects, leading them from inception to final project completion.
- The successful candidate must be able to execute multiple small to mid-sized projects in various stages of front end engineering, detail design and construction simultaneously.
- Must be able to lead team to complete tasks within established project schedules and budget constraints.
- Must be able to aid in the selection of acceptable technical solutions, when required.
- Requires interaction on-site design team, Client’s engineers and other personnel to complete design tasks.
- Frequent facility walk downs and information gathering required.
- Direct Construction RFI's (Request for Information) to proper team member for resolution.