Database Engineer (Offutt AFB) (closed)
SAIC's Defense and Maritime Solutions Business Unit is seeking a Database Engineer for the Omaha, NE office at Offutt Air Force Base.
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
The Database Engineer will work with the requirements, database development and web development team to create an information sharing, storage and analysis environment for USSTRATCOM /J9. They will establish relationships with other USSTRATCOM directorates to facilitate access to Command data sources and review database system specification for compliance with USSTRATCOM policy. They will translate requirements into database schema designs, create and test tables, views, queries, stored procedures, functions and packages, and implement advanced data security mechanisms. They will define/refine information/knowledge management requirements and assist in development of associated architecture and technology insertion plans, including recommendations for effective use of technology for mission accomplishment.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS or BA Degree, preferably in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics.
- Relational database experience (7 years minimum, 11 years without a bachelor’s degree)
- Ability to write structured and adhoc database queries (SQL) (7 years minimum)
- Translate requirements into database schema designs (7 years minimum)
- Create and troubleshoot triggers, stored procedures, functions, tables, and views (7 years minimum)
- Critical thinking skills, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to prepare a well-grounded, defensible argument
- Ability to work well with other organizations and personnel with disparate backgrounds
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- SQL Server experience
- Web service (XML, SOAP, RSS, Rest-Pox) experience
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Primary Location: United States-NE-OFFUTT AFB
To Apply: http://jobs.saic.com/job/Offutt-Afb-Database-Engineer-Job-NE-68113/1736909/