Infrastructure Engineer - SAN (closed)
Fort Worth, TX
This position reports to the Manager I.T. Infrastructure. This is an infrastructure engineering position involving management of Windows servers, Linux servers, VMware vSphere platforms, EMC Clariion storage systems, routers, switches, and applications in a highly dynamic environment. Work as part of a team in support of operational and project related activities. Provide advanced technical and operational support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and support complex messaging systems including Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007, Microsoft LCS 2005/OCS 2007, StrongMail, and Linux-based MTAs.
- Manage and support EMC Clarion CX3/CX4 SANs, Fiber-Channel fabrics using converged networking, VMware vSphere clusters, and related technologies.
- Manage and support clustered file shares, web servers, SharePoint sites, Windows 2003/2008 servers, and in-house .Net applications.
- Managed and support layer-2 network switching, layer-3 routing hardware, Cisco ASA firewalls, and hardware load balancers.
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision
- Act as part of a team to evaluate solutions, troubleshoot problems, and maintain infrastructure systems.
- Ability to analyze and provide implementation plans
- Build and modify systems to meet project and user requirements.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems.
- Provide technical support for Windows related project activities.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation with other team members.
- Provide mentoring to fellow administrators.
- Configure and tune hardware and software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization
- Generate technical support documentation for systems and application.