Data Architect (closed)
Perficient is looking for a qualified data management person with preferred experience in the manufacturing industry. This person should have leadership capabilities and be able to drive thought leadership in the design and development of an enterprise data warehouse. The following is a list of activities that this individual will be responsible for:
- Perform data analysis on existing systems to understand the current data environment and data flows.
- Identify gaps in current state architecture and recommend solutions to address.
- Perform data quality initiatives to determine quality of enterprise data and recommend / implement solutions
- Perform data modeling to develop enterprise data warehouse. This includes the development of a Conceptual Data Model, a Logical Data Model, and a Physical Data Model.
- Generate DDL for the creation of a physical data structure to support the enterprise data warehouse.
- Provide input to drive a Data Governance program.
- Develop data mapping of data from source systems to target data warehouse.
- Document Meta Data Model to support Business and Technical Meta data.
- Minimum 3 years of experience architecting and designing databases
- Strong understanding of dimensional data modeling
- Experience in an leading industry standard data modeling tool
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic and complex data structures that support the business and user needs while remaining within the bounds of the selected technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional team
- Ability to meet deadlines and proficiency with time management
- Ability to sell ideas and strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in a technology related field
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- Proficient in developing, coding and debugging Transact SQL
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamic AX ERP solution
- Manufacturing Experience
- ISA95 experience
- Small to medium size company experience
- Good presentation skills
- Creating and documenting standards, procedures and processes
- Technical writing