Oracle Infrastructure Architect - any US or Canadian location (closed)
Any US or Canadian location
The Oracle Consulting Enterprise Architecture team is chartered with leading the Enterprise Architecture Program for North America Sales and Consulting and providing NASC with experienced enterprise architects and strategists to develop complex, multi-pillar architectures for Oracle’s customers and drive growth of enterprise solutions sales.
Brief Posting Description
This role is focused on experienced architects that have a strong background with IT infrastructure and data center related initiatives associated with large Oracle software and hardware deployments. As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior-level consulting professional analyzes customer business requirements and strategy to develop future state architectures to meet customer objectives. This individual combines a deep understanding of technology, industry best practices, multiple business processes and architectural patterns to develop optimal solutions for our customers. Collaborates with the license and consulting sales teams to design innovative solutions that have industry-wide impact.
- Analyzes customer business needs to develop future state architecture to meet customer objectives.
- Exercises creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs.
- As a position of technical and professional influence, this individual must be fluent in the leading edge of technology and have extensive experience in all aspects of technology including but not limited to, database technology, business intelligence/data warehousing, security technology and best practices, storage architecture, and hardware architecture.
- This individual must be effective at communicating to C-level individuals as well as highly technical resources.
- Formulates strategies and plans for IT optimization programs
- Recommends and justifies enhancements to Oracle products to meet complex customer needs.
- As a thought leader and customer advisor, influences customer leadership in acceptance of Oracle solutions and services to facilitate closing deals.
- Contributes to non-routine and very complex statements of work, work breakdown structures and/or level of effort and staff plans.
- Presents and demonstrates solutions to customers.
- Builds and maintains a network of up-to-date specific industry or product knowledge.
• Responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation teams.
- Coordinates a pursuit team of subject matter experts. Leads the domain specific solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated business solutions.
- Knowledgeable of competition and external factors that may influence Oracle's competitive position.
- 10+ years of experience relevant to this position including
- 5 years of consulting experience
- Undergraduate degree
- Deep Oracle product, technology and business expertise
- Server and storage consolidation
- Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture for Database and Middleware solutions
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Data Center optimization, consolidation, and migration
- Ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions
- In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of competitive & partner products, technology and solutions
- Proficient in using selling and negotiation techniques and tools
- Can be based in any US location with the ability to travel as needed.
As part of Oracle's U.S. employment process, candidates will be required to complete a background check, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks include: Prior Employment Verification, Education Verification, and Social Security Trace. Criminal Background Check and Motor Vehicles Records (where required for position)
Oracle Supports Workforce Diversity