Product Specialist - Alberta/Saskatchewan (closed)
The AGCO name is synonymous with quality agricultural solutions – from farm operations to landscaping and lawn care. That global reputation would not be possible without the individuals and equipment that make up the AGCO Corporation.
Our employees are the most knowledgeable and well trained in the industry. They provide the leadership and innovation we need to meet and exceed our business goals. As important are AGCO’s international network of independent dealers, who are instrumental in our profitability, reputation and brand identity. Add to that our trained service technicians, and you find a group focused on global success and customer service.
Our brands and product line speak for themselves. With expertise and ideas dating back to the late-1800s, our equipment and AGCO parts lead the industry in technological advancements, while continually improving upon existing products.
The final component is you. Your support and need for accurate and efficient farming equipment drive the entire AGCO global team to continue providing quality agricultural solutions.
The Product Specialist will be the product point person for AGCO’s dealers providing training, support, and guidance in the product sales process. S/he will also build relationships between dealers, end-users, and the company.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Set-up and conduct proper demonstrations of equipment optimizing the performance of the equipment
• Manage individual personalized customer demonstrations with key producers, including feature, advantage, and benefit discussions customized to localized end-user applications
• Support dealers in planning, coordinating, and managing multiple customer demonstrations
• Conduct dealer and district product training (service, parts, sales)
• Develop and maintain a relationship between key end-user customers, dealer, and company
• Support dealers on customer field visit calls individually or with Account Manager
• Highlight special features, benefits, and advantages over competitive products
• Identify features with focus on benefits to end-user prospects, customers, and dealers
• Act as the “point person” for district product questions for the products assigned
• Provide retailing support as required
• Assist Account Manager and/or field service with special needs and critical machine operation issues
• Conduct components and equipment discussions with sales and service staff
• Assist hosting and conducting open houses with focus on interactions with end-users, directly help retail equipment with dealer personnel, and build dealer-manufacturer credibility
• Provide AGCO Marketing with information pertaining to new products, product improvements, product enhancements, and future end-user requirements
• Support AGCO participation in assigned trade shows
• Computers, printers, and other office machines
• Possess a valid driver’s license
• Ability to drive a vehicle
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge and skills as would normally be obtained by a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Agricultural Mechanization, or related field
• Prior experience selling capital equipment
• Excellent verbal presentation skills, both on a group and individual basis
• Must be able to communicate clearly with all levels of management, dealers, and end-user customers.
• Professional bearing, demeanor, and appearance with the ability to project a high degree of confidence and credibility to dealers and ultimate customers
• Ability to write clearly, concisely, and professionally
• Self-starter with minimal need for intensive supervision
• The ability to understand the technical and practical aspects of the product and to explain them in a clear, understandable manner to a variety of recipients
• Significant exposure to farm equipment, such as might be acquired through living on a farm or working with various types of farm equipment
• Mechanical aptitude and knowledge, such as might be acquired through engineering related studies or experience in maintaining farm or industrial equipment
• A grasp of accounting principles
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to the job at any time or for any reason.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply for this position, please visit: http://www.agcocorp.com/north_american_job_search.aspx and search for Requisition HS13203.