Senior Director of Clinical Applications (closed)
My Client, a leading Healthcare services organization is seeking a Senior Director of Clinical Applications to provide leadership and management for the Inpatient Clinical Information System implementation and support teams.
The Senior Director of Clinical Applications is responsible for all aspects of information technology management and control, including supervision of information technology employees; budget preparation and management; recommendations for technical acquisitions; and development of guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Provide leadership, vision, and management to the CIS Applications department
- Participate in the revision of the CIS Strategic Plan on an annual basis ensuring its coherence with the overall health system strategic plan
- Work with hospital administration, Faculty physicians, allied staff and the Office of the CIO to assess and respond to IT needs
- Supervise the ongoing operations of the CIS Applications Team providing quality and timely support to health system employees concerning hardware and software needs
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for all CIS Applications personnel
- Recruit, hire, and provide appropriate training for CIS Applications staff
- Administer the cost center’s budget
Hardware and Systems Software
- Assure the infrastructure will permit a meaningful end user experience for the CIS.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the infrastructure
- Ensure that the client stay current and competitive with respect to IT infrastructure & services
- Oversee the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages
- Assess new computing technologies and the feasibility of system enhancements to determine potential value for the health system
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors to coordinate upgrades, resolve ongoing issues and develop strategic vision.
Systems Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical systems
- Maintain security and privacy of the information systems
- Develop, review, and certify all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans
Minimum Education, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or healthcare related field and five years management/leadership experience.
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Project management skills; sound judgment; initiative; flexibility; detail-oriented
- Documented working experience with Inpatient Clinical Information system software; knowledge of Allscripts SCM strongly preferred
If you are interested, please feel free to call or email me at the below mentioned contact info. Or if you know anyone looking that is interested, let me know to qualify for a $2,000 referral bonus
Maribelle Staffing Inc.