Network Security Engineer
nscglobal is currently looking for an Network Security Engineer to join our growing company.
nscglobal provides global network implementation and support solutions to world-class organizations, delivering cost savings and operational simplicity. Our goal is to partner with world-class enterprises, helping them become more agile, create commercial advantage and build quality through design, deployment, support and management of their global IT communications. nscglobal is a US Cisco Global Gold Certified Partner with a corporate headquarters in London, UK and a US headquarters in New York, NY. Please review our website at www.nscglobal.com for more information on our organization.
POSITION: Network Security Engineer
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire with nscglobal
SALARY: OPEN (based on experience)
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
LOCATION: New York, NY (10019)
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a high energy team of security administrators responsible for managing the global security infrastructure. The diversity of products & technologies under management, ranging from firewalls, IDS to entitlement/authentication systems provides for a learning experience that will satisfy even the ones the most eager to learn. The position is fast paced, dynamic and challenging. The varied combination of technical skills and soft skills allows for the development of a well-rounded professional. This position is to be part of a global team (NY & HK) with global responsibilities reporting to the Security Operations Manager in NY.
- Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Has a solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- Experience with host security (e.g., passwords, uids/gids, SIDs, file permissions, ACLs, filesystem integrity, use of security packages).
- Good knowledge of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; routing, switching, VLANs, NIS, NFS.
- Experience with network security (e.g., configuring firewalls, deploying authentication systems- Kerberos, or applying cryptography to network applications).
- Understands packet filtering and stateful packet inspection and the differences between them.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of packet capture and analysis using snoop, tcpdump and Ethereal or similar tools.
- Ability to write/debug administrative and reporting tools in some programming language (Perl/Shell or Python desired; Java, C++, Ruby or other experience acceptable).
Having skills and experience in the areas below is a major plus and will help the candidate integrate with the team and environment:
- Experience with any of the following firewalls: Cisco Pix; Juniper Netscreen; IPFilter or iptables
- Experience with any of the following load balancing devices: Cisco LocalDirector; Cisco CSS; F5 BIG-IP
- Understanding of routing protocols (RIP, BGP, OSPF, etc.)
- Experience with any of the following Internet services: DNS ? BIND and/or djbdns; E-mail ? Sendmail and/or Postfix.
- Experience with any of the following systems management and monitoring: Micromuse Netcool; Computer Associates Spectrum; Nagios; Empire Sysedge; SNMP
- Experience deploying IPSec or SSL VPNs
- Experience using intrusion detection software
- Experience with MIT Kerberos and RSA SecurID
- Experience with NBAD (Network Behavior Anomaly Detection).
- Experience with change compliance and mgmt tools: eIQ; RedSeal
- Experience in customer support and experience in interacting with business unit