Senior Architect (closed)
We are working directly with the executive engineering manager at this global software company.
The Architecture group is responsible for defining and advocating a global approach and execution of their product vision. The Architecture Group defines the technical components and details of specific products which will be part of the product’s vision with common middleware stacks, common data model and shared business objects/entities and business services. This team works very closely with a wide range of collaborators including: Product Architects and Engineering Leads across all domains, Product Line Managers and Product Management, Database Architecture team.
Minimum Requirements Needed:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field - Master’s degree preferred.
• 7+ years’ experience in product architecture and design, development and deployment (Java, Spring, general JEE Application Server background preferred).
• Deep understanding of algorithms, software engineering practices
• Prior experience in architecting and developing in a high-volume performance-sensitive environment to meet demanding non-functional requirements
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including written, verbal and presentation.
Highly Desired Skills:
• Strong knowledge of architecture principles, trends, and best practices.
• Working experience with UML concepts, use of UML modeling tools is helpful but not required.
• Expertise with Debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools is highly preferred.
• Basic understanding of XML/XPath/XQuery/JSON
• Strong knowledge of JDBC and data access strategies including ORM
• Broad knowledge of XML Schema.
• Experience with SOA related concepts such as data services and canonical data modeling.
• Familiar with contemporary data strategies such as ontology definition languages and semantic data integration.
• Expert in designing and implementing high availability systems.
• Hands-on experience with multiple hardware environments, including deployments on UNIX/Linux, Windows, and/or IBM System Z.
• Knowledge of database disk configurations, RAID level and its impact on performance.
• C++ and Cobol
• Experience in planning, installing, testing and deploying database software, upgrades and patches.
• Desire and ability to work in a high-visibility, fast paced, global, and multi-location environments.
• Good time management and organization skills.
• Technical leadership and mentoring skills.
• Software Extension / Customization Philosophy can be a plus
• Security, Entitlements, SSO a plus
Reference # 622612
We look forward to working with you in a private and professional manner. We ask the following of you:
• Resumes MUST be submitted as a Word document to OPPORTUNITIES@NDT.COM
Technical and Tech/Business Recruiting Since 1979