Drupal Developer in San Francisco, CA
Web Software Developer
- Our Client is a digital marketing agency that creates enormous value for clients from the ever-changing media landscape.
- Client delivers superior online strategies all driven by the philosophy that performance reigns supreme.
- Our core services include SEO, SEM, Social Marketing, Analytics, Creative, Media, Mobile and Web Development. We see change as an opportunity.
- We are looking for a Software Engineer to play a significant role in the rapid evolution of our clients’ websites.
- We need a talented and smart individual with excellent coding skills who is passionate about developing Web 2.0 sites.
- You should be comfortable working in all layers of the web application and in all stages of development.
- You should enjoy working in the highly collaborative team setting of this fast-paced environment.
- Development areas include jQuery, PHP, MySQL, Drupal, WordPress, Apache, Linux servers, Java/JSP, OpenCms, and MS SQL Server, plus a little Joomla and legacy ASP/VB.
- If you are already proficient with most of these, you should be able to hit the ground running.
- As part of the web development team, you will design, implement, test, deploy, operate and refine websites, microsites, landing pages, and other digital assets.
- You will work with Creative, SEO, Media, Client Services, and the rest of our web development team to deliver features and sites on aggressive timelines.
Who We Hope You Are:
- You are a motivated and service-focused self-starter.
- You are not shy about rolling up your sleeves and fixing problems that might not be in your job description, while looking forward to a game of ping-pong or foosball.
- You love to over-deliver while managing your time wisely.
- You balance perfectionism with getting things done.
- You are always hungry to learn new things.
- Also, the prospect of a dog-friendly office will finally convince you to visit the SPCA.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- A proactive go-getter who loves to find efficiencies.
- A good communicator— both written and oral.
- Someone detail-oriented who writes clean, concise, secure, efficient, maintainable code.
- First rate technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A fast learner who is not phased by mastering a new technology.
- Ability to train and oversee development interns.
- Willingness to work in a team environment during normal office hours and take constructive advice.
Core Technical Skills:
- Experience building dynamic web pages and fully-functional forms from the ground up – you understand how the whole web stack works, and how to avoid obvious security holes.
- Experience coding pixel-perfect, cross-browser web pages to standards-compliant, table-less HTML/CSS from a supplied comp or mockup.
- Experience developing templates or add-on modules for a web content management systems, demonstrated Drupal 6 & 7 experience required.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures and algorithms, software engineering methodologies, and techniques such as regular expressions.
- Solid background in databases and writing SQL queries.
- Experience configuring a web server.
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems and writing technical documentation.
- Experience with LAMP stack and ability to work in Linux from the command line.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree with a technical major or minor such as Computer Science or Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 1-5 years of software or web development experience.
- Expertise with web architecture, providing design and development recommendations and optimizing existing infrastructure.
- Leading-edge expertise in HTML5, CSS3, web video, web standards, optimizing front-end performance, etc.
- Experience with mobile website optimization.
- Experience with mobile app development (iPhone/Android).
- Professional experience with Flash and Actionscript.
- Experience with image creation and manipulation in Photoshop.
- Illustrator or FireWorks, web design, page layout or typography.
- Experience with writing or editing copy.
- Experience with information architecture, content strategy, user experience design, usability testing, A/B testing.
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics.
- Experience with XML/XSLT or JSON, data mining, etc.
- Experience with Google Maps API, Google Charts API, Facebook development, etc.
- Experience with a MVC framework.
- Experience with writing APIs or writing your own framework or CMS.
- Experience with code review, pair programming, agile development, unit testing, distributed version control branching/merging, or other software engineering techniques.
- Expertise in networking, shell scripting, system administration or information security.
- Experience with database administration and optimization.
- Experience with writing specifications and test plans.
- Experience with estimating large projects or managing outsourced/off-shored work.
- Experience with providing training and writing customer documentation.
- Past experience in a client-facing role.