Circulation Sales Rep (closed)
CIRCULATION SALES REPRESENTATIVE: ATLANTA
Educational Sales Division, Circulation
Uncover and nurture strong sales relationships in the higher education market in this exciting and important role at Dow Jones. In your assigned geographic territory, you will call on a set of large and strategic colleges to foster Wall Street Journal and Barron's usage among professors, students and administrators. This essential role not only contributes valuable circulation and revenue in the short run, but it also enhances students' learning experiences and seeds future Dow Jones subscribers.
The representative will regularly visit his/her assigned college campuses-attending scheduled appointments, unearthing sales opportunities and making product presentations. Professors are the primary audience, and the representative will focus on understanding their course objectives, offering solutions that integrate Dow Jones news products and teaching tools, and facilitating the process by which their students ultimately subscribe. This work will involve both retention of an existing book of business, and important prospecting to increase our sales.
Additionally, the representative will make engaging presentations to undergrad and graduate students about the benefits and features of our products, demonstrating print and digital formats and explaining the value to class and career success. Also, the rep will seek and close school-wide deals that involve cultivating relationships with high-level administrators, building consensus among decision-making committees, and communicating with customer service colleagues to ensure smooth implementation. Throughout all of these activities, keeping Salesforce.com updated is essential.
Finally, the representative will be responsible for providing feedback regularly and participating in special projects as needed. This includes gathering intelligence about his/her local academic market and suggesting custom strategies, communicating competitors' actions, and sharing best practices with teammates. It also occasionally involves collaborating with other Dow Jones local salespeople on projects that increase sales at newsstands and in travel outlets.
· 3+ years sales experience. Experience selling academia preferred but not required.
· Ability to travel four days per week among schools in Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Mississippi. Reliable transportation is required and flight travel may be required occasionally.
· College degree (or equivalent), preferably in marketing, communications, or a business discipline.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven presentation skills. Includes ability to speak equally effectively with both high-level administrators and undergraduate students.
· Excellent organizational skills, enabling strong territory management and prompt customer follow-up.
· Intermediate skills in MS Word and Powerpoint needed.
· Salesforce.com experience preferred.