Office Manager in Education (closed)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides exceptional support to the Principal and performs tasks in an efficient, professional and timely manner
- Ensures that the school is in compliance and meets all deadlines, requirements, etc.
- Interacts frequently with staff, parents, students, instructors, visitors and community members
- Updates all records and maintains detailed filing system, including student information management systems (i.e. attendance, grades, health records, etc.)
- Ensures the timely delivery of messages and transmittal of confidential information; adheres strictly to the policy of maintaining confidentiality (i.e. responsible for the maintenance, care, security and integrity of student records)
- Facilitates the ordering and receiving supplies for the office and school (i.e. purchase order process)
- Provides Tier 1 tech support
- Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of the facility
- Establishes and maintains the organization of the school office
- Performs other duties and task as assigned
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to timelines
- Ability to develop and maintain budgets
- Experienced with computers including software (such as Excel) and student information management systems (i.e. Powerschool and Impact)
- Ability to evaluate and improve processes
- Ability to perform responsible, accurate and timely clerical work
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Type at least 40-50 WPM
- Able to establish and maintain professional relationships
- Can communicate accurately, courteously and effectively –orally and in writing – to different audiences
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, databases, intranet and internet usage.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal skills.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor.
- Ability to express self effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in development and implementation procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external customers
- Ability to defuse situation and get other organized to meet project expectations
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with public and staff in a personable and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of energy and a consistent positive attitude.
- Experience as a Office Manager or senior receptionist with 5 + years in a school setting preferred.
- Associates degree
Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings.
Knowledge of Powerschool is a must.
Hours are 7:45AM-4:14PM
Please attatch resume.