Senior Sales Engineer (closed)
**This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the US**
Sales Engineering is charged with providing subject matter and technical expertise in sales opportunities to facilitate the discovery and capture of business needs and opportunities, to develop and analyze solutions, and to engender confidence and credibility through presentation and direct interaction. The position is in support of Fiserv’s Treasury Operations Solutions, including PEP+ and PEP+ Outsourcing.
SALES ENGINEER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Sales team to provide full assistance in support of the successful achievement of sales targets while adhering to cost of sales objectives.
- Illustrate the value of the Treasury Operations Solutions product portfolio to prospects in a compelling manner.
- Responsible for aligning the Treasury Operations Solutions product portfolio capabilities (products and services) with client business requirements through a professional and ethical business approach which endorses Fiserv’s values.
- Participate in the development & completion of submitted RFI/RFP documents, bid coordination, prospect qualification, discovery and requirements gathering, product demonstrations, technical discussions, and design solution proposals.
- Promote and support sales opportunities into existing Fiserv accounts and help to ensure that customers are successful in their objectives and remain referenceable for Fiserv.
- Adhere to solution selling techniques in line with the Client Buying Process tools and methods
- Represent Fiserv at Trade Show events and conferences to increase brand and solution visibility (company booth, panel discussions, industry speaker, etc.).
- Develop credibility and confidence with prospects through the sales lifecycle through the demonstration of expertise and strong engagement skills.
- Coordinate with Product Management and Development to ensure that the necessary environments and the most current demonstrable product release is available for use.
- Develop demonstration strategies to promote strategic features and capitalize on customer and market driven value propositions.
- Responsible for staying abreast of product roadmap and maintaining ability to effectively communicate roadmap to prospects and clients in support of business opportunities.
- Responsible for understanding business and technical problems addressed by the products including key regulations, business drivers, evolving business needs, etc.Responsible for staying current on competitive analyses and understanding differentiators between the company and its competitors.
- Responsible for providing feedback from the market to Product Management and Development regarding products including identification of gaps between product functionality and market/customer demands.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with financial institutions or technology vendors servicing financial institutions with a focus on PEP+
- Possesses at least 5 years’ experience in sales, pre-sales or implementation of software solutions, ideally in a similar solution area.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities above.
- Experience indicating ability as an independent problem solver able to solve problems without precedents or guidelines.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Experience indicating an understanding of /or ability to quickly acquire in depth understanding of relevant ACH markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, and/or related field or equivalent experience.
- Accredited ACH Professional certification preferred.
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
- A demonstrated understanding of how financial services organizations manage ACH functionality.
- Ability to confirm solution fit and identify customer specific benefits that will help contribute to a unique business value offering.
- Ability to understand and articulate customer business requirements and develop the corresponding proposal design.
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to winning long-term business relationships.
- An understanding of common databases (Oracle, SQL, Sybase, DB2), networking, and operating systems.
- An understanding of business intelligence and associated reporting tools (Crystal, Cognos, Actuate, Business Objects).
- Ability to communicate technical and business information to widely varied audiences.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communications skills (written and oral).
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to operate and work as part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge of solution sales methodology and Fiserv customer buying process.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer facing situations.
- Knowledge of the workings of a broad range of financial institutions, financial processes and financial instruments.
- Knowledge of the sales engineering function and sales engineering processes within a software organization.
- Strong analytical skills, both financial and non-financial.
- In depth understanding of trends effecting the markets TOS products serve.
- High degree of professionalism in appearance and manner.
- Broad business acumen and understanding of financial services processes.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).
- Strong relationship building skills both internally and externally.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Responsive, reliable and results oriented.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, including nights or weekends as required.
PLEASE APPLY VIA:
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.