Senior Systems Engineer - Security (closed)
Senior Systems Engineer - Security
Responsible for performing engineering activities required to support the IT Security Infrastructure.
1. Develop and apply theories and methods to solve complex technical problems. Code or modify, test, and debug infrastructure of difficult complexity. Implement systems changes into production environment following change control methodology.
2. Research and recommend changes where technology can be better used within the overall systems environment to improve efficiency, lower costs, and enhance the quality of business applications.
3. Work effectively in a cross-functional team; capable of receiving work direction from direct and indirect leadership.
4. Assist leadership in making strategic decisions regarding IT Security use. Participate in all phases of systems development life cycle to ensure consistent approaches in the technical design across projects/programs.
5. Represent department on interdepartmental teams. Act as Project Contributor. Provide training to Information Security education as needed.
6. DR planning and execution.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
· A minimum of two or more years experience in Information Security as well as a solid background in Information Security technologies and their application.
· Broad experience implementing IT infrastructure
· Has some knowledge of regulated industry, its functions and applications.
· Has demonstrated communication skills, analytical ability, decisiveness, strong judgment.
· Experience in configuring security for Web Applications and the integrated off the shelf software.
· Experience with WebSeal, RSA Envision, Tripwire, Tivoli Access Manager for e-business, Tivoli Identity Manager, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager, CyberArk, WebSphere Application Server
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical skills
· Comfortable working in an environment with changing priorities. Able to meet objectives and timelines with minimal management oversight.