Software Engineer (closed)
DIRECTV (NASDAQ: DTV) is one of the world's leading providers of digital television entertainment services delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, unmatched programming and industry leading customer service to more than 30 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America. In the U.S., DIRECTV offers its 19.4 million customers access to more than 170 HD channels and Dolby-Digital® 5.1 theater-quality sound, access to exclusive sports programming such as NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, Emmy- award winning technology and higher customer satisfaction than the leading cable companies for eleven years running. DIRECTV Latin America, through its subsidiaries and affiliated companies in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Colombia, and other Latin American countries, leads the pay-TV category in technology, programming and service, delivering an unrivaled digital television experience to more than 10.6 million customers. DIRECTV sports and entertainment properties include three Regional Sports Networks (Northwest, Rocky Mountain and Pittsburgh) as well as a 60 percent interest in Game Show Network. For the most up-to-date information on DIRECTV, please visit www.directv.com.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is passionate about developing software the right way and knows how to maximize efficiency within the SDLC through automation. A knack for troubleshooting and solving problems is vital.
- Design, develop, and maintain all features within the CI system
- Integrate the CI system with associated systems including source control, requirements/test management, automated test, and incident/change management
- Provide CI training and mentoring to development teams
- Document processes related to the automated build and test systems
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of the CI system
- Import requirements specifications into the requirements/test management system
- Work to continuously improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the build and test systems
- Proactively seeks opportunities to implement improvements to internal processes
- Develop automated installers and integrate installer builds into build processes
- Drive and implement automation wherever feasible
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering required.
- Minimum 4 years experience with Java development
- Minimum 2 years experience with Hudson/Jenkins continuous integration environment
- Experience with source control systems (particularly Subversion) including knowledge of code branching/merging strategies.
- Comfortable with basic Unix/Linux system administration.
- Excellent multitasking and time management skills with consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly write technical documents.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (e.g., Oracle, IBM DB2).
- Good leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Strong understanding of various SDLC methodologies including Agile development.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- MS degree desired.
- Experience creating and modifying plug-ins for Maven and Hudson.
- Experience with Inflectra SpiraTeam and iTKO Lisa.