Sales Engineer - Network Security Southeast (closed)
Sales Engineer - Solutions Architect Southeast
Our client, a leader in Network Security products and services, has an opportunity for a Pre-Sales Engineer in the Southeast region.
The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) provides pre-sales technical support of new business, retains existing clients in an assigned territory, develops and expands existing client relationships, identifies additional revenue opportunities within those clients, and working closely with the Regional Sales Staff and Management of those clients. The PSE is responsible for being familiar with our client’s suite of products, as well as competing and complementary products, and functioning as a Technical Subject Matter Expert in support of regional sales efforts.
• Work with the sales team in a pre-sales capacity, introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
• Responsible for the technical aspects of the sales cycle, and maintaining customer satisfaction with support and services.
• Serve as consultative, trusted advisor to clients on technical matters.
• Responding to RFP and RFI requests.
• Conducting proof of concept (POC’s)and onsite evaluations.
• Conducting on-site technical demos, leading the closure of the sales cycle.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining advisory partnerships with high profile clients in order to define the direction of strategy, including, but not limited to emerging technologies.
• Demonstrated security and networking background: Phishing, malware, social engineering, beaconing, DLP, PII, firewalls, routers, proxies are all concepts you will be comfortable discussing
• Good Linux understanding and be very comfortable with the Command Line Interface (CLI)
• Proof of Concept management history and ability to set criteria while creating compelling cases around the results of the POC.
• Prior Systems Engineering experience within the sales vertical. You have worked in a sales environment, are familiar with quotas, quarterly focus, reporting structures and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills along with strong demonstrated customer interfacing experience and skills - has worked in sales or consulting field, personable, high energy, engaging, polite
• Ability to work within a fast paced and growing sales environment
• Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the assigned geographical region.
• Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
• Work with the training department, bringing partners up-to date as required. Lead local customer trainings.
• Participating in educational opportunities in order to remain current on the firm’s
solutions, as well as industry news and trends.
• Working on individual projects, while collaborating with the team to maximize growth.
• Develop strong technical relationships with technical partners in the assigned region.
• Attend trade shows, conferences and networking events in the assigned region and nationally with the sales team as required.