Sr. Designer - Bulk Material Handling (closed)
EXCEPTIONAL people -- DRIVEN by character -- GROWING together -- That's EDG
At EDG, it's no secret that our success can be directly attributed to a belief in our employees' potential, and the support we provide towards personal and professional growth. We recognize that the heart and soul of our organization rests in the initiative, professionalism, and character of each member of our team. At EDG, the difference is the opportunity for growth potential. We are currently looking for an individual that matches the following profile and skill set:
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Occasional overtime to include weekends as dictated by project requirements.
The Senior Designer is responsible for equipment selection, layouts and integration into total project systems required for industrial and bulk material handling equipment and processes. This includes preparing data and running specialty programs for conveyors and dust collection systems. The Senior Designer is responsible for development of the mechanical requirements of the project phases, including conceptual, preliminary, final and operational support. This also includes coordinating with other discipline’s design team members to accomplish project tasks. In addition, the Senior Designer will be part of the project management process, which would include working directly with the Project Manager, meeting with clients, obtaining field data, interaction with equipment vendors, participating in project meetings, establishing project standards and assisting in the development of the project design criteria.
• Capable of handling multiple project assignments.
• Conceptual, preliminary and final design of bulk material handling systems including ship, barge, rail and truck loading and unloading systems comprised of belt conveyors, drag conveyors, bucket elevators, dust control systems and various specialty equipment components.
• Prepare quantity estimates related to industrial and bulk material handling systems
• Coordinate and direct drafters and designers in the creation of drawings.
• Interface with Project Managers, Engineers and clients.
• Assist Project Managers and design team with assembling the methodology for completing the design project effort.
• Review and check engineer’s sketches and designs to ensure feasibility and compliance with client specifications, industry standards, applicable regulations and any other specification on a particular project.
• Analyze designs for efficiency of construction, use of materials, functionality and practicality of design.
• Check drawings and other documents. Verify correctness of design and engineering data to verify completeness of the documents.
• Develop or alter standard project specifications to meet specific project requirements.
• Create layouts and sketches for project systems.
• Develop project design criteria documents.
• Research, learn and implement differing design techniques which may be industry specific.
• Develop technical details and specify materials, and procedures using drawings, rough sketches, specifications and calculations.
• Assist in development of engineering proposals.
• Further develop concepts established by sales personnel.
• Be familiar with total project systems to include mechanical, structural, civil and electrical components to allow considerations of those aspects into a project or area design.
• Assemble data and run in-house programs such as Belt Analyst and Heavent.
• Review certain vendor/fabricator shop drawings.
• Maintain project files.
• Perform the necessary field work to obtain accurate information for the design.
• Attend out of office and in office project meetings.
• In some instances interface directly with Clients.
• Additional duties as assigned.