Business Objects Report Developer (closed)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume in Word or PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copy and Paste the following job title and place it in the subject line of your email so we can identify the job: Business Objects Report Developer (52203)
NetEffects is seeking a Business Objects Report Developer
Our client is passionate about using science and technology to improve agriculture. Scientists are conducting research and development (R&D) to revolutionize plant breeding and biotechnology. The) team within IT works directly with the scientists to develop software platforms that enable these research and development efforts. The accepted candidate will join the emerging field of IT systems informatics leveraging their technical expertise to play a key role in defining and delivering breakthrough science in high throughput R&D platforms.
The successful candidate will work as a Business Objects Report Developer, joining our software development group. The candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, scientific business analysts, developers, data experts and other members of the technical staff to develop and maintain these reports. As a member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for retrieving data from various systems, compiling and analyzing the data, and producing reports in a client-server environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
The candidate must possess the following technical experience:
- Minimum requirements include at least 2-5 years of solid Business Objects Report Developer experience in a scientific or technical environment.
- Experience creating universe classes, subclasses, objects, etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in the US as a programmer/analyst/report writer in a scientific or technical environment.
- Some experience in developing ETL processes using Informatica Power Center 8 or 9
- Solid experience with SAP Business Objects.
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL for queries and data extraction.
- Ability to create data extracts, analyze data, design, develop, deploy and maintain Business Objects reports and Excel spreadsheets.
- Candidates who succeed in this fast paced dynamic environment excel in the following competencies:
- Functional Competency: Demonstrates broad knowledge of functional skills. Has the ability to perform at a high level of accomplishment and willingness to learn new technologies and practices. The ideal candidate will be a skilled, creative problem solver, independent of any specific technology.
- Team Orientation: Works cooperatively with others. Encourages participation. Values the contribution of others.
- Results Orientation: Fosters a sense of urgency, identifies and overcomes obstacles. Balances the big picture with day-to-day activities/issues for their technology. Persistent in the pursuit of results.
- Communication: Creates an environment that fosters open, frank communication. Clearly expresses oneself orally and in writing. Listens carefully, solicits other opinions.
- Positions are budgeted until the end of the current fiscal year.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- PTO/Benchtime/NetEffects University
Do you know someone that is a good fit for this position? Call us today 636-237-1000 to learn more about our referral program. Just ask to speak with an available recruiter for more details.
Our clients select NetEffects as their IT staffing and solutions provider because of our experience, commitment to quality, and focus on the IT marketplace. Over the past 15 years, we have built trusted relationships with our clients by providing employees who are among the most talented and driven in the industry.
NetEffects was recently named one of INC Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies and we have earned primary vendor status with some of the top companies around the world. Our diverse customer base allows us to provide our candidates with not just one, but many opportunities that fit their individual skillset. Talk to one of our recruiters today and find out how you can join our winning team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please refer to http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/32485/jobs for a complete listing of our open positions. Thank you once again for your time and consideration!
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!