Software/System Engineer IV- Sys Anlys and Prg (26759) (closed)
2 T&M Contract System Tester Skill and Requirement Needs for Fault Isolation Testing
This System Test position is required to support Regression Testing and System Testing of new functionality and provide User Acceptance Testing support for an application that provides a single point of access to POTS (plain old telephone service), Special Services and DSL (Digital Subscriber Loop) network testing resources, as well as line and circuit data. This position may also require implementation support verifying software works in production as planned after implementation. Candidate is responsible for understanding System Requirements Specifications, creating test cases and scripts, conducting walkthroughs with peers and clients. Candidate must be flexible enough to work independently and resolve issues associated with testing deliverables while working within a team environment. Candidate may also be responsible for communicating test status to clients, development and IT Upper Management on a scheduled basis or as required.
3-4 years experience in system testing with experience in:
• Test plan and test scenario development and execution
• Support of user acceptance testing
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Must be flexible in approach and possess the ability to work in an environment with aggressive deadlines
4 year college degree in Computer Science or a related field with 3 - 4 years experience testing in a UNIX environment, strong skills in DB2 or Oracle SQL scripts, UNIX shell scripts. Must have a minimum 2 -3 years experience in UI based application testing, Web application based testing.
The following requirements are a plus:
• Familiarity with the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) and Telecom Network Topology
• QTP (Quick Test Pro), Windows Office Suite, and Network Analysis.
• Experience and understanding of some or all of the following areas within Verizon is a plus.
o Circuit Testing and Turn Up, Dispatch,
o System knowledge of Delphi and ITS
• Development Knowledge on Java
• Be able to work a flexible work schedule which may include weekends and after hours during the work week.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, or Silver Spring, MD
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with job title and number
Contract length 13 months