Western Regional Sales rep (closed)
The appropriate candidate will:
- Have a college education, preferably an engineering degree in mechanical or civil/structural engineering.
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct sales experience in crane related products, marketed to the heavy industrial sector such as primary metals, ports, and automotive industries.
- Be competent in communicating by phone, in person and in writing.
- Be required to visit sites and access above ground crane runways.
- Be required to travel in his territory.
- Be a resident in the Vancouver, BC area or Calgary, AB area.
- Be responsible for maintaining existing customers and establishing new ones in a very active territory.
- Be capable of dealing with engineering, production and maintenance personnel.
This is a great job for a recent engineering grad with a sales flair. This person will be very technically knowledgeable and enjoy some travel talking to existing and prospective clients / engineers about your co's products. You will deal in the mining, shipping, and manufacturing industries.
The sales territory will cover British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Washington, Oregon and Alaska. The candidate will be asked to find a convenient office in Vancouver or Calgary and will operate independently, reporting to the Canadian Sales Manager in Toronto, ON. All reasonable office expenses, including rent, utilities, office equipment, computer, cell phone, as well as travel expenses, will be borne by the company.
Base salary is expected to be around $50,000 plus a generous commission on sales. The commission portion could amount to as high as 15 to 20% of base salary, based on sales.
Medical, Dental, Long term and short term disability, vacation, sharing in group RRSP benefits, car allowance are all part of the standard benefits package.