Utilities Industry Strategy Solutions Specialist (Power Systems Engineering) (closed)
The Industry Strategy team within Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (GBU) helps to set the overall product (solution) and market directions taken by the GBU. This includes assessing global markets and working to develop opportunities, deep interactions with global customers to facilitate the setting of product (solution) and service strategies, and the establishment of key partner and alliance relationships.
Extensive utilities industry expert providing specialist industry and product (solution) expertise to the sales force and product strategy and development.
- Partners with Account, Technology, and Application sales representatives to qualify and close new business on Oracle solutions.
- Provides specific industry or product (solution) expertise to facilitate the closing of deals. Interacts with sales team to architect the solution, and develop and execute solution strategies for market.
- Manages industry opportunities to obtain appropriate and necessary resources for developing industry markets.
- Leads teams in the sales process by establishing market visibility and industry visibility.
- Presents/demonstrates industry thought leadership to high level clients and industry conference attendees.
- May provide training to field sales on industry/solutions.
- Builds and maintains a network and up to date specific industry or product knowledge.
- Drives development of business cases for the replacement/implementation of new solutions.
- Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology within the utilities industry.
- 12+ years applicable experience preferred.
- Acknowledged authority within the Corporation.
- Subject matter expertise in utilities industry/product space.
- Knowledge of key utilities industry leaders and management.
- Knowledge of Oracle competition. Presentation experience.
- Previous consultative selling experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, negotiating, and closing skills with prospects and customers.
- Travel may be needed.
- BA/BS degree in related field.
Qualifications to support Utility Operational Application Strategy (NMS/DGM, WAM/ODM, MWM, BI Analytics, and Integration)
- Background in electrical power-systems engineering and experience with utility transmission and distribution engineering and operations applications
- An understanding of Real-Time Electric Distribution Operations including load flow algorithms, state estimation, and load forecasting, planning, and maintenance.
- Experience with the following: distribution automation; SCADA systems, including integration to SCADA; AMR/AMI systems and integrations; GIS; BI and reporting systems, and familiarity with key indices
- Knowledge/experience of industry standards such as CIM, 61850, and MultiSpeak
- Experience with utility operations support applications such as asset management, mobile, planning, etc.
- Knowledge of recent industry initiatives such as Smart Grid and AMI
- Experience creating product roadmap guidelines and prioritizing requirements for new DMS product enhancements, creating written specifications for development, and assisting/guiding developers with detailed reviews through the implementation of those enhancements
- Track record of innovating and creating new product and solution offerings in the utility industry
- Experience in supporting sales activities (proposal responses, demo support) and marketing activities (collateral development, trade show attendance, case study generation)
- Ability to communicate excitement and drive execution to deliver a product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical and non-technical, with presentation experience
- Strong project management and organization skills
- BSEE degree, with power systems emphasis or similar – advance degree preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and a member of the IEEE preferred
If interested, please contact or send CV to LU.SKILBECK@ORACLE.COM. We will review and get back to you immediately.