IT Architect (closed)
This role ensures that business strategy and relevant technologies are expressed in the processes and systems of the enterprise. This position will provide the enterprise strategy, technology and process architecture, and act as overall engineering function. This position will be responsible for the definition of the current state architecture, and articulating the strategy to reach the future state, identifying gaps between these states, and develops approaches to close these gaps.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the creation and ongoing evolution of the IT company-wide hardware and software architecture
- Research/analyze technology trends and determine their potential impact/value to the company
- Manage the evaluation and selection of all hardware and software products
- Drive the design and implementation of IT technical standards
- Maintain the documentation of all architecture design and analysis work
- Ensures the architecture is regulatory and statutory compliant
- Act as the lead IT engineer and system integrator
- Develop and implement standard configurations ensuring interoperability and supportability
- Act as the L3 expert engineer working in conjunction with internal/external teams during outages
- Educate business and IT functions on emerging technologies and their potential strategic use
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
For Funds, Costs or Profits:
Architecture decisions directly affect the efficiency and viability of a $300M-$500M business
Manages vendors directly and coordinates IS colleagues regarding Architecture & Engineering
For Internal and External Relationships:
Constant communication with IT department personnel and frequent interaction with internal business leadership. Develop and sustain effective relationships with vendors.
For Organization Influence:
A big picture thinker, the successful candidate will have the capacity to isolate issues for his/her team and help the organization to focus on implementing both top-level, strategic solutions as well as the day-to-day tactics that are necessary for success.
The successful candidate will not hesitate to “get into the fray” in an active way, and will both champion ideas and accept disagreement with maturity and with the good of the business at heart.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or Business with MIS concentrations
- Certification by a recognized body for project management
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the following key areas:
- Implementation of global ERP applications, preferably SAP/Oracle/MS
- In-Depth knowledge of current hardware, Operating Systems, and their market trends
- In-Depth knowledge of current vendors supporting key solutions and their market conditions
- In-Depth knowledge of virtualization
- Knowledge of WAN, LAN, and Inter-connectivity technologies
- Knowledge of cloud offerings SaaS/IaaS/PaaS
- Knowledge of current security architecture and counter measures
- Alignment of technical solutions to business strategies
- Experience in building consensus and selling ideas
CRITICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Leadership: The job holder must be seen as a credible business partner by GBU Presidents, General Managers, executive staff and team.
Management Skills: The job holder must have demonstrated technical matrix organization management experience.
Communication & Influencing: An individual with excellent interpersonal skills and influencing ability who can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside of the organization.
Teamwork: An individual who can work effectively in a collaborative environment and foster teamwork with their peer group, their team and with business / functional leaders.
Technical Expertise: The job holder must have an extensive background in successful information technology systems development, systems management, project management and solution delivery
Business Acumen: The job holder should possess strong analytical and process management skills and have a broad understanding of group business strategy and operations.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project, Visio and Internet Explorer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires ability to get to all users' operations and computer facilities.
- Requires the ability to meet deadlines, frequent assignment changes, periodic heavy workload, rapidly changing technology, and dynamic business growth.
- Requires ability to concentrate on detailed technical tasks for sustained periods of time.
- use bullets for each point for physical, manual, audible/visual Requires the ability to operate computer, printer, copy machine, calculator, other general office equipment, and to record written information.
- Requires the ability to communicate with customers, users and vendor representatives in person and on the telephone.
- Requires the ability to read computer output and printed material.
- Requires the ability to read complex vendor reference material and written user manuals.
- Requires the ability to participate in interactive verbal group activities including brainstorming and application design working sessions.