Commodities futures C++/java developer (closed)
Our client located in New York City is looking for a commodities futures C++/java developer for an immediate contract opportunity.
Commodity futures is seeking a developer to assist in the design and development of Regulatory reconciliations and reports to support the commodity BA and Development task force. The successful candidate will have greater than at least 3 years development experience supporting scalable, flexible, straight through processing systems for Commodity or other financial derivatives products. Desire to work in a fast paced collaborative environment is a must. The candidate will work with internal clients to analyze, design, test, implement and support various tools. Candidates should clearly display a proven track record of success throughout their career, be highly motivated and possess excellent communication skills, while demonstrating the ability to articulate business and technical initiatives at all levels of the organization.
Minimum 3 years experience developing flexible, scalable and robust applications preferably supporting the financial services sector.
• Solid grasp of object oriented programming.
• Required technologies C++, Java, Spring, SQL. Hibernate, Maven and Perl experience a plus.
• Experience working with messaging protocols, databases and graphical user interfaces.
• Prior experience working with order management systems, FIX, or other exchange connectivity is also desirable.
• Candidate with demonstrated knowledge of Commodity derivatives products including Swaps, futures, options. Knowledge and/or experience working in Prime Brokerage is optimal.
• Work closely with internal clients (consultants and non-consultants) to understand needs, define requirements and provide business process automation consulting and solutions.
• Participate in the design, development, release and maintenance of various Equity Finance initiatives including Arranged Financing, Margin and Asset Servicing.
• Interface, as necessary, with other IT teams in the delivery of solutions.
• Exhibited history for implementing transformational changes of technology platforms a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team.
• Ability to proactively manage issues and risks and independently drive projects forward.
• Good collaboration and influence skills.
• Candidate should enjoy working in a fast paced, client driven environment.