Job #8799 | Sales Executive - B2B (Community Banking) Western US (closed)
SALES EXECUTIVE - B2B (COMMUNITY BANKING)
LIVE ANYWHERE IN WESTERN U.S.
Our client is one of the nation's oldest and largest providers of working capital to merchants against their future credit/debit card sales, commonly known as a merchant cash advance. By offering working capital against a business's future cash flow, they are able to help businesses such as restaurants and retailers that are typically turned down by traditional lending sources. Due to their success and resulting growth, they are in need of superior Sales Person / Relationship Builder for the newly created role of Sales Executive - Financial Institutions sector.
The Sales Executive Financial Institutions will play a vital role in the continued growth of the company by developing new partner relationships with banks across the Western US to increase the penetration of their merchant cash advance solutions. This position will appeal to the entrepreneurial minded salesperson looking for significant autonomy and responsibility.
We are seeking a sales professional who aggressively uncovers and pursues every opportunity for new business (Hunter) and is a first-rate relationship builder that maximized the value of all relationships (Farmer). You will have an extensive list of C-Level contacts in Community Banks, Savings Banks and Credit Unions. You can live anywhere in the Western U.S. you choose and can expect to travel extensively (at least two weeks per month). You will have frequent trips to the head office in New York, as well as to wherever the business takes you. When not on the road you will have the opportunity to work from home.
- Create a well-qualified pipeline of prospective partnership opportunities by using your existing base of banking connections
- Establish, maintain and expand professional relationships with key decision-makers in the banking community
- Target prospects in the Financial Services industry by leveraging your understanding of financial and banking institution organizations and operations
- Research, source, make initial contact (cold calling, telephone prospecting), and meet potential channel partners at their locations to accurately assess their qualifications and potential as referral sources
- Prepare and present proposals and close new accounts in targeted verticals
- Develop and maintain a Sales Plan and ensure achievement of Company sales targets and profitability
- Network and actively participate in User Groups, Associations, and Trade Shows
- Work closely with the Marketing Department, Business Development to generate new leads via vendors and distribution channels
- Understand competitors’ and your company’s market position, value proposition and differential competitive advantages
- Provide timely feedback to the Vice-President, Business Development regarding performance, sales activity reports and channel strategy concerns
- Support strategic discussions by gathering content and analysis of competition and re-seller opportunities to present to the Business Development VP and Team
- Bring a sound awareness of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Deliver training and on-going support to various sales channels to ensure the effective and professional representation of our brand and our various offerings
- Work closely with the Marketing Department, Business Development to creatively develop sales collateral that speak to the benefit of partnering with our company
- Work closely with our internal departments within our organization to improve the overall delivery process
- Manage all activities through the Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM), ensuring complete, consistent and accurate trail of customer activities.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience (minimum 5 years) with proven track record in solution selling, mainly to the financial institution/banking marketplace, particularlysmall to midsized banks (Community Banks, Savings Banks, Credit Unions, etc.);
- A substantial network of connections in banking/financial services;
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate, maintain and expand client relationships;
- Strong understanding of transaction-based, financial services model and pricing strategies;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not mandatory;
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, GoToMeeting (or other webinar software), CRM (ideally, salesforce.com), and PowerPoint (to create visually stunning and compelling presentations;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collect and analyze data, draw conclusions, and make compelling and actionable recommendations.
- Excellent skills in teamwork, leadership and communication;
- Aggressive strategist with proven ability to close the deals via strong and persuasive closing skills;
- Creative with strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work efficiently on simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines with minimum supervision;
- Professional self-starter, high level of motivation, customer empathy and ethics;
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and assist wherever needed.
- Ability to work independently and for flexible hours for special events and networking;
- Travel will be required to prospects’ locations and Head Office.
Our client offers a competitive base salary plus commissions. They also offer an extensive benefits package including matching 401k, paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company.