Senior HR Manager -- Fashion (closed)
Our client, a well known apparel & intimates manufacturer is seeking a Senior HR Manager for one of their global brands located in Manhattan. This role reports directly to the VP of HR, the position will support our two key brands in the areas of Merchandising, Design, Product Development, Technical Design, and Production. The Sr. HR Manager will take on generalist work for the 2 Product Category Creation Groups for the brand. For both teams, this will include Employee Relations, Training, Compensation/Benefits, Performance Management, Recruitment, and Immigration administration. Those with 5-8 years experience in the Fashion HR/Recruiting Industry are encouraged to apply. That type of industry is experience is a necessity. We expect salary to fall between $80-100K BOE.
Please send all resumes in Word + salary requirements and availability to JGitlin@choiceco.com
***The brand is going through global reorganization and the Sr. HR Manager will help in transitioning the Product Creation Studio (currently in Italy) to their NY Headquarters. This project includes building the right structure, benchmarking positions, creating job descriptions, working closely with our recruiting team, and onboarding 40 new team members in the NY office. Additionally, this position will have the opportunity to build a relationship and support our incoming Chief Merchandising Officer.***
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the structure-building, benchmarking, and identification of new talent for the Studio.
- Assist in the on boarding of all new hires. Work with hiring managers to ensure their understanding and responsibility of their new hire.
- Act as the Employee Relations advisor to the Global teams. Responsibilities include: performance management, conflict resolution, general HR inquiries
- Partner with management on succession planning strategies, development plans, organizational structures and employee relations issues
- Manage critical projects (such as talent reviews/year-end compensation) and rollouts (such as performance management or new programs).
- Train managers on Coaching and Counseling, Performance Management, and company systems.
- Ensure compliance on documents and best practices for employee relations issues.
- Provide coaching and counseling to associates.
- Meet with line managers to discuss associate performance and provide coaching where needed.
- Support and assist supervisors and leaders with understanding our engagement philosophy as well as creating and implementing impact plans.
- Assist in all training and development of associates at all levels. This may include requesting and scheduling internal and external training classes, conducting training on topics to include performance management, new hire orientation, etc.
- Partner in the creation and implementation of group training and event planning.
- Handle all Immigration (Visa) issues for the division. Work with outside counsel on process: from recruiting to paperwork submission. Keep all associates and managers informed as needed and meet deadlines
- Conduct and process Exit interviews. Provide feedback to supervisors.
- Partner with compensation partners, discuss promotions, and determine appropriate "next steps" for associates.
- Manage the administration of our annual performance review cycles held in March
- Meet with Director of Talent Acquisition on a weekly basis to discuss open positions and to ensure priorities are met.
- Schedule touch bases with newly hired associates within first 30 days
- When implemented, manage intern program
- Work with agencies to hire temporary employees as needed.
- Serve as 1st level of elevation for associate questions and concerns regarding benefits
- Work directly with associates on leaves (maternity, sick leave, other) and special circumstances
- Manage annual open enrollment process
- Assist with crafting announcements for new hires, promotions, etc.
The ideal candidate will also possess:
• 5 - 8 years experience in Human Resources – fashion experience a must
• Extensive knowledge of labor laws and HR practices.
• Outstanding people skills and experience providing honest counsel/feedback.
• A flexible, progressive, solution-based approach to HR.
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard to bring about great change.
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively on a team.
• Exceptional writing, organizational and communication skills.
• Proven ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of HRIS systems (Ceridian preferred), experience with Success Factors a huge plus.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint