Senior Software Engineer / Senior Developer (VzB 25939) (closed)
Looking for Senior Software Engineer / Senior Developer to work on a leading edge, fraud analysis and detection system in a fast-paced, dynamic, rapid-development environment. Our solution operates in near real time and utilizes a highly configurable and scalable data reduction framework. The position will focus on emerging applications, requirements, rules development and backend systems that support them. The components developed will be used to enhance current product offerings as well as new development. This position requires demonstrated technical leadership and collaboration skills. To be successful you will have to be a very effective communicator, be able to interact and communicate both formally and informally with other software development teams, fraud operations, customer support, field services, and quality assurance.
Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from concept and design to coding and testing to include:
• Develop abstract, reusable software components with an object oriented design approach, which apply to multiple business problem domains.
• Participate in the design and development of new systems to be incorporated into the existing business environment.
• Design, develop, test and integrate software in an agile, test driven development environment.
• Minimum of 12 years of experience in software development of complex backend systems with emphasis on Linux/Solaris environment, using C++/C.
• Minimum of 6 years of object oriented development experience (C++, Objective C or Java)
• Minimum of 6 years experience using the following:
o Java languages and PERL scripting
o Versant object data base, as well as relational data base technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, Derby and MySQL
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. MS or higher desired.
• Proven technical experience and skills.
• Demonstrable excellent oral, written and computer communication skills.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work individually with minimal direction, and on a larger development team.
• Knowledge of overall system architecture concepts including server database configurations, internet communication protocols, and embedded controls
• Understanding of server side system design characteristics (e.g. virtualization, scalability, load balancing, DB optimization, etc.)
• Familiar with general security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signatures, etc.
• Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to Test Driven Development, Source Code Management, Continuous Integration.
• Skill using software specification techniques such as UML, BPL, etc.
• Understanding of product development processes and tools, including experience with software requirements development, design, testing (verification & validation) methodologies.
• Good understanding of source code control systems (experience with Subversion preferred. Experience with automated build utilities (e.g. Ant) and continuous integration environments.
Nice to Have
• Inter-process communication (Spread, ACE)
• Near real time transaction processing
• Distributed application design
• Familiarity with fraud detection and management in telecom, credit card, or healthcare industries
• CLIPS expert system
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with job title and number
Contract length 32 months