APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER II (VzB 25929) (closed)
Looking for a JAVA GUI software engineer/developer to work on a leading edge, fraud analysis and detection system. Our solution operates in near real time, and utilizes a highly configurable and scalable data reduction framework. The components developed will be used to enhance current product offerings as well as new development. Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development from clarifying requirements to design, coding and testing.
• Develop front end JAVA GUI for the application with an object-oriented design approach
• Design, develop, test and integrate software in an agile, test driven development environment.
• Use collaboration tools (WIKI, IRC channels, Bugzilla) to design and document solutions.
Six (6) years of technical experience (software design and development) experience in the following areas:
• Front-end, GUI using JAVA JSP in Unix (Linux, Solaris) and Tomcat environments
• Web services (XML), Web presentation (CSS) and JAVA Script
• Object-oriented and relational database management systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Recent and proven technical experience and software development skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formally and informally.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work individually with minimal direction and as a team player on a larger development team.
• Knowledge of overall system architecture concepts including server database configurations, internet communication protocols, and embedded controls.
• Understanding of server side system design characteristics (e.g. virtualization, scalability, load balancing, DB optimization, etc.)
• Familiar with general security concepts (authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signatures, etc.
• Familiar with Object-oriented design and development methodologies
• Human Factors Engineering concepts as it related to GUI development
• Solid grasp of software development lifecycle best-practices, methods, and conventions, including but not limited to “test driven development, source code management, continuous Integration.
• Skill using software specification techniques such as UML, BPL, etc.
• Understanding of product development processes and tools, including experience with software requirements development, design, testing (verification & validation) methodologies.
Nice to Have
• Near real time transaction processing
• Distributed application design
• Familiarity with fraud detection and management in healthcare or telecommunications industries
• Flash and jQuery
Please submit your resume to email@example.com with job title and number
Contract 65 months