Senior Technical Recruiter (closed)
Title: Senior Technical Recruiter
Location: Arlington, VA
Our client, a veteran-owned and veteran run business in Arlington, VA is seeking a Sr. IT Recruiter. Our client delivers complex business and information technology solutions to the U.S. Army, U.S Air Force as well as commercial clients and is an IBM Premier Business Partner.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full life cycle of the staffing process and will work with hiring managers to determine job requirements, source candidates, conduct phone screens, coordinate interviews and negotiate offers. The Senior Technical Recruiter will also consult with internal clients on market trends, competitive intelligence, and recruiting strategies in order to enhance organizational performance and add value to the business. It is expected that the Recruiter will be a leader in his/her field maintaining understanding of recruitment best practices, as well as understanding of client's businesses and business plans. The recruiter must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with numerous hiring leaders at a variety of levels. Candidate must be flexible with schedule and be prepared to work hours as required. Travel may be required.
• Collaborate with hiring managers and executives to develop a comprehensive sourcing strategy for the ongoing recruitment of technical and corporate personnel for both CONUS and OCONUS hiring needs.
• Identify and evaluate information technology professionals for client engagements.
• Identify and evaluate corporate professionals for internal positions.
• Evaluate vendor resources for selection of candidate recruiting sources.
• Develop and maintain relationships with third party vendors capable of supporting surge staffing needs.
• Evaluate and engage international recruiting resources/vendors capable of supporting OCONUS growth.
• Collaborate with hiring managers to develop comprehensive position descriptions.
• Conduct in depth technical and professional candidate screens and background checks.
• Coordinate phone screens and in person candidate interviews with hiring managers.
• Take part in relevant career fairs/networking events to build a pipeline of candidates and increase brand awareness.
- 5+ years of prior corporate / technical recruiting experience. Recruiting experience should be relevant to the information technology, consulting services, or government contracting industry. (IBM software and product knowledge is highly desired)
- He/she must be results-oriented; customer-service focused and possesses strong organizational and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced, complex, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Experienced in building networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Demonstrated experience in change management, establishing trust and credibility, working independently, interviewing and negotiating skills.
- Requires the ability to actively provide recruiting support to multi-site operations and be capable of effectively building positive work partnerships with geographically dispersed multiple staff levels.
- US Citizenship with active Secret clearance or ability to obtain a clearance.
- Ability to effectively develop cost effective and results driven recruitment strategies.
- Ability to utilize social and professional networks for recruiting candidates and building pipelines of specific technical personnel.
- Ability to effectively screen technical and professional candidates for required skills and prior professional experience.
- Recruiting experience in a corporate setting supporting DoD government contracts, and experience in recruiting candidates with clearances.