Software Developer (closed)
Toronto, ON Canada
Knowledge & Experience
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C/C++, Java, Scripting languages ex. Perl and/or TCL.
- Knowledge and experience with modern frameworks like JSF, Spring, Struts and Hibernate is an asset
- Experience working with enterprise applications.
- ·Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including NetBeans and/or Eclipse.
- Extensive experience with UNIX operating systems is a must.
- Extensive experience with relational databases – Oracle is preferred.
- Familiarity with the financial industry is an asset.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies is an asset.
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with analysts and solution architects in the initiation of new solutions and/or software programs and applications.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements, specifications and designs.
- Research and document detailed design of the business systems.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of business systems as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or business systems.