Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment that values diversity of thought and ideas where people from a variety of backgrounds guided by our shared Values come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work!
You and Capital One – Better. Together
Capital One is striving to become an industry leader in Mobile Banking and Capital One is providing a differentiated experience to its customers through its Mobile offerings for various smartphones. Capital One is currently looking for Mobile Application Developers to be part of its Mobile Development Group and help Capital One achieve industry leadership in its Mobile Offerings.
This position will work in the fast-paced mobile development group to design and develop cutting-edge mobile experiences for Capital One customers. The candidate will be highly involved in the ideation and brainstorming of new applications and will work quickly and efficiently to produce innovative and relevant designs to showcase Capital One.
Develop Mobile applications for multiple devices. Work with Product Management to help define functional specifications and develop quick POCs. Implement multi device application features as part of Agile Development process. Write coherent organized code and be able to work as a part of dynamic team.
Successful candidates will have expertise in the following skillsets:
· 3-5 years experience designing and developing web applications
· Previous Mobile web development experience in a professional environment.
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms and cross browser strategies is highly preferred
· Experience consuming JSON/REST or SOAP web services and communicating with systems.
· Experience working with a source control like ClearCase, Subversion, or CVS
· Familiar with Agile methodologies, like Scrum
· Understanding and appreciation for Agile development methodologies
· Passion for software development and clean design